Mar 13, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
As you must know by now, Sidney Crosby will make his long-awaited return to the Pittsburgh Penguins’ lineup against the New York Rangers on Thursday night. (You’ll be able to watch it live on NBC Sports Network, by the way.) It’s a big game even beyond that with serious implications regarding the Atlantic Division title race, but you can be forgiven if your eyes are fixed on Crosby more than the standings.
With that – and his bombastic previous 2011-12 return – in mind, it might be tough to keep expectations in check. Mike Milbury and Keith Jones broke down what exactly we should (and shouldn’t) look forward to seeing from the biggest star in the sport.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40