Mar 13, 2012, 8:30 PM EDT
As you must know by now, Sidney Crosby will make his long-awaited return to the Pittsburgh Penguins’ lineup against the New York Rangers on Thursday night. (You’ll be able to watch it live on NBC Sports Network, by the way.) It’s a big game even beyond that with serious implications regarding the Atlantic Division title race, but you can be forgiven if your eyes are fixed on Crosby more than the standings.
With that – and his bombastic previous 2011-12 return – in mind, it might be tough to keep expectations in check. Mike Milbury and Keith Jones broke down what exactly we should (and shouldn’t) look forward to seeing from the biggest star in the sport.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50