Mar 13, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby announced after Tuesday’s practice that he plans to make his return on Thursday against the New York Rangers (7pm ET). If you want to watch the game, be sure to check out NBCSN.
The Penguins will ease him back into the lineup by putting him on the third line with Tyler Kennedy and Matt Cooke. However, Crosby got four points in his first return attempt on Nov. 21 while being limited to 15:54 minutes of ice time.
Even before Crosby announced his return, this was a big game for both teams. The New York Rangers lead the Eastern Conference, but the Pittsburgh Penguins aren’t far behind. Both have a legitimate shot of finishing the 2011-12 campaign with the top seed in the Eastern Conference, while the other will be forced to settle for the fourth seed or worse.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)