Mar 13, 2012, 4:50 PM EST
Sidney Crosby announced after Tuesday’s practice that he plans to make his return on Thursday against the New York Rangers (7pm ET). If you want to watch the game, be sure to check out NBCSN.
The Penguins will ease him back into the lineup by putting him on the third line with Tyler Kennedy and Matt Cooke. However, Crosby got four points in his first return attempt on Nov. 21 while being limited to 15:54 minutes of ice time.
Even before Crosby announced his return, this was a big game for both teams. The New York Rangers lead the Eastern Conference, but the Pittsburgh Penguins aren’t far behind. Both have a legitimate shot of finishing the 2011-12 campaign with the top seed in the Eastern Conference, while the other will be forced to settle for the fourth seed or worse.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)