Mar 13, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby announced after Tuesday’s practice that he plans to make his return on Thursday against the New York Rangers (7pm ET). If you want to watch the game, be sure to check out NBCSN.
The Penguins will ease him back into the lineup by putting him on the third line with Tyler Kennedy and Matt Cooke. However, Crosby got four points in his first return attempt on Nov. 21 while being limited to 15:54 minutes of ice time.
Even before Crosby announced his return, this was a big game for both teams. The New York Rangers lead the Eastern Conference, but the Pittsburgh Penguins aren’t far behind. Both have a legitimate shot of finishing the 2011-12 campaign with the top seed in the Eastern Conference, while the other will be forced to settle for the fourth seed or worse.
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 0
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9