Mar 13, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Time to fire up the hype machine: “The Kid” is going to play.
The Penguins announced after practice this afternoon that Sidney Crosby will rejoin the Pittsburgh lineup Thursday night against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN). Crosby has been out since December 5 after suffering another concussion against the Bruins.
Crosby’s first comeback this season saw him play in just eight games before being knocked out of action, but in that time he scored two goals and added 10 assists including a dazzling display against the Islanders in his first game back notching two goals and two assists.
Crosby’s return to the Penguins lineup obviously means big things for Pittsburgh as they’ll have a healthy trio of Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and Jordan Staal to work with, a rarity over the past two seasons. Now it’ll be up to coach Dan Bylsma to figure out how to set his lines with the league’s top talent returning to action. There’s tougher jobs out there I suppose.
With the Penguins in the middle of a nine-game win streak, having Crosby rejoin them for a game on Broadway against the Eastern Conference’s No. 1 team certainly sets quite the stage for Thursday night.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (44)