Feb 28, 2012, 4:10 PM EDT
Just a short while after the Bruins blueliner backed off his “I’m coming after Turris” vow, Turris said he’s ready to thrown down if need be.
“I heard he said some things in the media yesterday, but I’m not too worried about it. We dealt with it and the league, and we’re moving forward with him,” Turris told Comcast New England. “You’ve always got to defend yourself on the ice in certain situations.
“If I have to defend myself then I’ll defend myself.”
This situation stems from a hit Turris laid on Corvo Saturday night, slamming the veteran defenseman into the boards. Corvo was livid with the play and looked forward to Tuesday’s rematch, saying “I’m going to fight him,” and “hopefully he’s a man and he’s going to step up.”
Following today’s morning skate, Corvo expressed remorse for what he said. He called the statements “selfish” and said he suffered from “foot in mouth” disease.
Turris, meanwhile, re-iterated the hit was unintentional (he received a two-minute boarding minor for it.)
“I just wanted to rub him out and finish the check,” he explained. “It was unfortunate how the incident ended up. I’m not a big hitter. I don’t hit very often. I just tried to finish my check and it was an unfortunate situation.”
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33