Feb 28, 2012, 4:10 PM EST
Just a short while after the Bruins blueliner backed off his “I’m coming after Turris” vow, Turris said he’s ready to thrown down if need be.
“I heard he said some things in the media yesterday, but I’m not too worried about it. We dealt with it and the league, and we’re moving forward with him,” Turris told Comcast New England. “You’ve always got to defend yourself on the ice in certain situations.
“If I have to defend myself then I’ll defend myself.”
This situation stems from a hit Turris laid on Corvo Saturday night, slamming the veteran defenseman into the boards. Corvo was livid with the play and looked forward to Tuesday’s rematch, saying “I’m going to fight him,” and “hopefully he’s a man and he’s going to step up.”
Following today’s morning skate, Corvo expressed remorse for what he said. He called the statements “selfish” and said he suffered from “foot in mouth” disease.
Turris, meanwhile, re-iterated the hit was unintentional (he received a two-minute boarding minor for it.)
“I just wanted to rub him out and finish the check,” he explained. “It was unfortunate how the incident ended up. I’m not a big hitter. I don’t hit very often. I just tried to finish my check and it was an unfortunate situation.”
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 9
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)