Feb 28, 2012, 4:10 PM EST
Just a short while after the Bruins blueliner backed off his “I’m coming after Turris” vow, Turris said he’s ready to thrown down if need be.
“I heard he said some things in the media yesterday, but I’m not too worried about it. We dealt with it and the league, and we’re moving forward with him,” Turris told Comcast New England. “You’ve always got to defend yourself on the ice in certain situations.
“If I have to defend myself then I’ll defend myself.”
This situation stems from a hit Turris laid on Corvo Saturday night, slamming the veteran defenseman into the boards. Corvo was livid with the play and looked forward to Tuesday’s rematch, saying “I’m going to fight him,” and “hopefully he’s a man and he’s going to step up.”
Following today’s morning skate, Corvo expressed remorse for what he said. He called the statements “selfish” and said he suffered from “foot in mouth” disease.
Turris, meanwhile, re-iterated the hit was unintentional (he received a two-minute boarding minor for it.)
“I just wanted to rub him out and finish the check,” he explained. “It was unfortunate how the incident ended up. I’m not a big hitter. I don’t hit very often. I just tried to finish my check and it was an unfortunate situation.”
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 7
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)