Feb 28, 2012, 4:10 PM EDT
Just a short while after the Bruins blueliner backed off his “I’m coming after Turris” vow, Turris said he’s ready to thrown down if need be.
“I heard he said some things in the media yesterday, but I’m not too worried about it. We dealt with it and the league, and we’re moving forward with him,” Turris told Comcast New England. “You’ve always got to defend yourself on the ice in certain situations.
“If I have to defend myself then I’ll defend myself.”
This situation stems from a hit Turris laid on Corvo Saturday night, slamming the veteran defenseman into the boards. Corvo was livid with the play and looked forward to Tuesday’s rematch, saying “I’m going to fight him,” and “hopefully he’s a man and he’s going to step up.”
Following today’s morning skate, Corvo expressed remorse for what he said. He called the statements “selfish” and said he suffered from “foot in mouth” disease.
Turris, meanwhile, re-iterated the hit was unintentional (he received a two-minute boarding minor for it.)
“I just wanted to rub him out and finish the check,” he explained. “It was unfortunate how the incident ended up. I’m not a big hitter. I don’t hit very often. I just tried to finish my check and it was an unfortunate situation.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)