Feb 27, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
Joe Corvo wants revenge. Thankfully for him, he’ll get a chance to exact it on Tuesday.
Tuesday, of course, is the next time the Boston Bruins face the Ottawa Senators — and the first time Corvo will face Kyle Turris after getting nailed into the boards during Saturday’s 5-3 win:
On Monday, the B’s defenseman expressed his displeasure with the hit.
I think if you look back at the game before [in Boston Jan. 31], I hit him clean in center ice,” Corvo said. “I made it a point not to get my elbow up in his face. But apparently he didn’t give me the same courtesy.
“So, let’s just say I’ll be looking for him right off the bat.”
Turris had a supplemental discipline hearing with the NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan on Sunday, but wasn’t suspended.
“Because there was enough head contact on this hit, the Department of Player Safety felt it was necessary to convene a hearing to examine the play further,” Shanahan said. “After reviewing the video extensively as we heard Turris’ explanation of how the play developed, we concluded that the head was not targeted intentionally or even recklessly and that the circumstances surrounding the hit contributed significantly to the amount of head contact that resulted.”
The explanation was of no solace to Corvo, who said he’s still shaken up from the hit.
“Two days of walking around, I’ve got a headache. Just because I didn’t lie on the ice and get carted off or miss a period — I don’t know. It doesn’t mean that it wasn’t a cheap shot,” said Corvo. “In my opinion, I think he saw my numbers and he took the opportunity to seek revenge from the game prior.”
“Hopefully he’s a man and he’s going to step up tomorrow when I come after him. I’m not going to try and hurt him, I’m going to try to fight him.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)