Feb 6, 2012, 10:41 AM EDT
The investigation into whether or not there were nefarious shenanigans behind the mysterious clock stoppage at Staples Center is going on hiatus.
No, Colin Campbell isn’t lacking in witnesses or other people to talk to to find out if the clock hold up that cost the Columbus Blue Jackets a shot at overtime against the L.A. Kings last weekend, instead the NHL is clearing out of town to make room for The Grammys. Eric Francis of the Calgary Sun has the details.
Bruce Springsteen, Adele and even Jack Black will be clock blockers all week, preventing the NHL’s IT people from getting into Staples Center until Feb. 13 to test the Daktronics timer.
Well who are we to get in the way of “The Boss” anyhow?
Having to wait things out for a week will only keep the Blue Jackets from finding out if their hard-luck loss was due to a mechanical malfunction or not. Sure Dean Lombardi believes he’s got science on his side, but the Blue Jackets would just like to know whether they got hosed or not.
The league already said the result won’t be changed, but getting a moral victory might be nice since wins of any kind have been hard for Columbus to come by.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)