Feb 6, 2012, 10:41 AM EDT
The investigation into whether or not there were nefarious shenanigans behind the mysterious clock stoppage at Staples Center is going on hiatus.
No, Colin Campbell isn’t lacking in witnesses or other people to talk to to find out if the clock hold up that cost the Columbus Blue Jackets a shot at overtime against the L.A. Kings last weekend, instead the NHL is clearing out of town to make room for The Grammys. Eric Francis of the Calgary Sun has the details.
Bruce Springsteen, Adele and even Jack Black will be clock blockers all week, preventing the NHL’s IT people from getting into Staples Center until Feb. 13 to test the Daktronics timer.
Well who are we to get in the way of “The Boss” anyhow?
Having to wait things out for a week will only keep the Blue Jackets from finding out if their hard-luck loss was due to a mechanical malfunction or not. Sure Dean Lombardi believes he’s got science on his side, but the Blue Jackets would just like to know whether they got hosed or not.
The league already said the result won’t be changed, but getting a moral victory might be nice since wins of any kind have been hard for Columbus to come by.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 34
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)