Feb 6, 2012, 10:41 AM EST
The investigation into whether or not there were nefarious shenanigans behind the mysterious clock stoppage at Staples Center is going on hiatus.
No, Colin Campbell isn’t lacking in witnesses or other people to talk to to find out if the clock hold up that cost the Columbus Blue Jackets a shot at overtime against the L.A. Kings last weekend, instead the NHL is clearing out of town to make room for The Grammys. Eric Francis of the Calgary Sun has the details.
Bruce Springsteen, Adele and even Jack Black will be clock blockers all week, preventing the NHL’s IT people from getting into Staples Center until Feb. 13 to test the Daktronics timer.
Well who are we to get in the way of “The Boss” anyhow?
Having to wait things out for a week will only keep the Blue Jackets from finding out if their hard-luck loss was due to a mechanical malfunction or not. Sure Dean Lombardi believes he’s got science on his side, but the Blue Jackets would just like to know whether they got hosed or not.
The league already said the result won’t be changed, but getting a moral victory might be nice since wins of any kind have been hard for Columbus to come by.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)