Dec 16, 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
In two words, not much.
Turris has no goals, no assists and a minus-2 rating. The most he played in a game was 17:31, against Detroit last Thursday. And it’s likely he only played that much because the Red Wings were up, 5-0, after the first period.
The least he played was 10:31, on Dec. 6 against Nashville in a 3-2 Phoenix victory.
Turris has been scratched the last two games, which could either be a sign his play wasn’t good enough for coach Dave Tippett or a trade has been in the works. Or possibly both.
When Turris signed a two-year, $2.8-million contract – which isn’t a lot of money, even though he hasn’t done much in the NHL – it gave Coyotes GM Don Maloney some leverage in the trade market. Not only was Turris the third overall pick in 2007, he’s also playing for peanuts. And maybe that’s what the two parties finally settled on – Turris agreed to sign for cheap, Tippett agreed to trade him.
Or maybe these are just rumors.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)