Dec 16, 2011, 12:04 PM EST
In two words, not much.
Turris has no goals, no assists and a minus-2 rating. The most he played in a game was 17:31, against Detroit last Thursday. And it’s likely he only played that much because the Red Wings were up, 5-0, after the first period.
The least he played was 10:31, on Dec. 6 against Nashville in a 3-2 Phoenix victory.
Turris has been scratched the last two games, which could either be a sign his play wasn’t good enough for coach Dave Tippett or a trade has been in the works. Or possibly both.
When Turris signed a two-year, $2.8-million contract – which isn’t a lot of money, even though he hasn’t done much in the NHL – it gave Coyotes GM Don Maloney some leverage in the trade market. Not only was Turris the third overall pick in 2007, he’s also playing for peanuts. And maybe that’s what the two parties finally settled on – Turris agreed to sign for cheap, Tippett agreed to trade him.
Or maybe these are just rumors.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 29
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)