Dec 16, 2011, 12:04 PM EST
In two words, not much.
Turris has no goals, no assists and a minus-2 rating. The most he played in a game was 17:31, against Detroit last Thursday. And it’s likely he only played that much because the Red Wings were up, 5-0, after the first period.
The least he played was 10:31, on Dec. 6 against Nashville in a 3-2 Phoenix victory.
Turris has been scratched the last two games, which could either be a sign his play wasn’t good enough for coach Dave Tippett or a trade has been in the works. Or possibly both.
When Turris signed a two-year, $2.8-million contract – which isn’t a lot of money, even though he hasn’t done much in the NHL – it gave Coyotes GM Don Maloney some leverage in the trade market. Not only was Turris the third overall pick in 2007, he’s also playing for peanuts. And maybe that’s what the two parties finally settled on – Turris agreed to sign for cheap, Tippett agreed to trade him.
Or maybe these are just rumors.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)