Dec 16, 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
In two words, not much.
Turris has no goals, no assists and a minus-2 rating. The most he played in a game was 17:31, against Detroit last Thursday. And it’s likely he only played that much because the Red Wings were up, 5-0, after the first period.
The least he played was 10:31, on Dec. 6 against Nashville in a 3-2 Phoenix victory.
Turris has been scratched the last two games, which could either be a sign his play wasn’t good enough for coach Dave Tippett or a trade has been in the works. Or possibly both.
When Turris signed a two-year, $2.8-million contract – which isn’t a lot of money, even though he hasn’t done much in the NHL – it gave Coyotes GM Don Maloney some leverage in the trade market. Not only was Turris the third overall pick in 2007, he’s also playing for peanuts. And maybe that’s what the two parties finally settled on – Turris agreed to sign for cheap, Tippett agreed to trade him.
Or maybe these are just rumors.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 13
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 28
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42