Dec 16, 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
In two words, not much.
Turris has no goals, no assists and a minus-2 rating. The most he played in a game was 17:31, against Detroit last Thursday. And it’s likely he only played that much because the Red Wings were up, 5-0, after the first period.
The least he played was 10:31, on Dec. 6 against Nashville in a 3-2 Phoenix victory.
Turris has been scratched the last two games, which could either be a sign his play wasn’t good enough for coach Dave Tippett or a trade has been in the works. Or possibly both.
When Turris signed a two-year, $2.8-million contract – which isn’t a lot of money, even though he hasn’t done much in the NHL – it gave Coyotes GM Don Maloney some leverage in the trade market. Not only was Turris the third overall pick in 2007, he’s also playing for peanuts. And maybe that’s what the two parties finally settled on – Turris agreed to sign for cheap, Tippett agreed to trade him.
Or maybe these are just rumors.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32