Dec 16, 2011, 10:19 AM EDT
Remember when Kyle Turris trade rumors were all the rage over a month ago? They’re back with a vengeance now.
TSN’s Darren Dreger tweets this morning that trade talks for Turris are hotter than ever and a deal could happen as soon as today.
When Turris signed a reasonable restricted free agent deal with the Coyotes last month, it was believed that it was Turris coming back to his senses after reportedly asking for the world from Phoenix. Before the two sides came together, Turris did demand a trade in hopes he could land somewhere else to sign. Now it looks like he could be headed out of town anyhow.
The team once believed to be hottest after him before was Calgary with the belief that Rene Bourque was being dangled in their offer even in spite of his tricky contract. Dreger says that Calgary is out of the hunt, however. He also says that Ottawa is interested while Winnipeg is not. Josh Rimer believes that Florida is involved in talks.
One thing to keep in mind here is that the NHL’s holiday trade freeze goes into effect on Monday. If there’s a deal for Turris coming, they’ll have until then to get it worked out lest they wait it out until December 27 to get it done.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)