Dec 16, 2011, 10:19 AM EDT
Remember when Kyle Turris trade rumors were all the rage over a month ago? They’re back with a vengeance now.
TSN’s Darren Dreger tweets this morning that trade talks for Turris are hotter than ever and a deal could happen as soon as today.
When Turris signed a reasonable restricted free agent deal with the Coyotes last month, it was believed that it was Turris coming back to his senses after reportedly asking for the world from Phoenix. Before the two sides came together, Turris did demand a trade in hopes he could land somewhere else to sign. Now it looks like he could be headed out of town anyhow.
The team once believed to be hottest after him before was Calgary with the belief that Rene Bourque was being dangled in their offer even in spite of his tricky contract. Dreger says that Calgary is out of the hunt, however. He also says that Ottawa is interested while Winnipeg is not. Josh Rimer believes that Florida is involved in talks.
One thing to keep in mind here is that the NHL’s holiday trade freeze goes into effect on Monday. If there’s a deal for Turris coming, they’ll have until then to get it worked out lest they wait it out until December 27 to get it done.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)