Dec 16, 2011, 10:19 AM EST
Remember when Kyle Turris trade rumors were all the rage over a month ago? They’re back with a vengeance now.
TSN’s Darren Dreger tweets this morning that trade talks for Turris are hotter than ever and a deal could happen as soon as today.
When Turris signed a reasonable restricted free agent deal with the Coyotes last month, it was believed that it was Turris coming back to his senses after reportedly asking for the world from Phoenix. Before the two sides came together, Turris did demand a trade in hopes he could land somewhere else to sign. Now it looks like he could be headed out of town anyhow.
The team once believed to be hottest after him before was Calgary with the belief that Rene Bourque was being dangled in their offer even in spite of his tricky contract. Dreger says that Calgary is out of the hunt, however. He also says that Ottawa is interested while Winnipeg is not. Josh Rimer believes that Florida is involved in talks.
One thing to keep in mind here is that the NHL’s holiday trade freeze goes into effect on Monday. If there’s a deal for Turris coming, they’ll have until then to get it worked out lest they wait it out until December 27 to get it done.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)