Oct 26, 2010, 8:52 PM EST
It didn’t bring in as many votes as our Goal of the Week poll did, but we also asked PHT readers which save deserved the nod as the best of the week. Perhaps we didn’t drum up enough interest or maybe goals are just inherently sexier than saves, but let us acknowledge the winner anyway.
Save of the Week for October 18-24: Antero Niittymaki stops Jarome Iginla on a breakaway.
You can see the video up above all this fancy text. Here are the results of this modest poll.
So San Jose Sharks goalie Niittymaki received nine votes (34.6 percent) while two skaters – Pittsburgh Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis and New York Islanders defenseman Radek Martinek – tied for second place with five votes (19.2 percent).
Congratulations to Niittymaki, although I get the feeling he’d like to win a different competition in the next few weeks or months: the starting goalie job in San Jose.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 4
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 25
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27