Oct 26, 2010, 8:52 PM EST
It didn’t bring in as many votes as our Goal of the Week poll did, but we also asked PHT readers which save deserved the nod as the best of the week. Perhaps we didn’t drum up enough interest or maybe goals are just inherently sexier than saves, but let us acknowledge the winner anyway.
Save of the Week for October 18-24: Antero Niittymaki stops Jarome Iginla on a breakaway.
You can see the video up above all this fancy text. Here are the results of this modest poll.
So San Jose Sharks goalie Niittymaki received nine votes (34.6 percent) while two skaters – Pittsburgh Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis and New York Islanders defenseman Radek Martinek – tied for second place with five votes (19.2 percent).
Congratulations to Niittymaki, although I get the feeling he’d like to win a different competition in the next few weeks or months: the starting goalie job in San Jose.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)