Oct 26, 2010, 8:52 PM EDT
It didn’t bring in as many votes as our Goal of the Week poll did, but we also asked PHT readers which save deserved the nod as the best of the week. Perhaps we didn’t drum up enough interest or maybe goals are just inherently sexier than saves, but let us acknowledge the winner anyway.
Save of the Week for October 18-24: Antero Niittymaki stops Jarome Iginla on a breakaway.
You can see the video up above all this fancy text. Here are the results of this modest poll.
So San Jose Sharks goalie Niittymaki received nine votes (34.6 percent) while two skaters – Pittsburgh Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis and New York Islanders defenseman Radek Martinek – tied for second place with five votes (19.2 percent).
Congratulations to Niittymaki, although I get the feeling he’d like to win a different competition in the next few weeks or months: the starting goalie job in San Jose.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)