Oct 26, 2010, 8:20 PM EST
Rather than just providing a near-daily offering (or three) regarding which goals we found the most entertaining, amazing or vital, we thought we’d also let PHT readers decide which goal was the best of the week.
The winner for the week of October 18-24 is Teemu Selanne. You can see the video of his 609th career goal above. Here is a screen shot of the poll results.
(click to enlarge results)
Teemu Selanne ran away with the poll, taking 75 out of 142 votes for 52.8 percent. The only goal that was semi-competitive was Cody Franson’s gorgeous little tally that elicited slightly excessive Bobby Orr reactions.
There weren’t any goals that I would consider “unforgettable” but check out the original poll post to see the other selections. Congrats to Selanne, a guy who probably would have won many other goal of the week awards if PHT (and hockey blogs) existed since he took the league by storm as a rookie all those years ago.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 36
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)