Oct 26, 2010, 8:20 PM EDT
Rather than just providing a near-daily offering (or three) regarding which goals we found the most entertaining, amazing or vital, we thought we’d also let PHT readers decide which goal was the best of the week.
The winner for the week of October 18-24 is Teemu Selanne. You can see the video of his 609th career goal above. Here is a screen shot of the poll results.
(click to enlarge results)
Teemu Selanne ran away with the poll, taking 75 out of 142 votes for 52.8 percent. The only goal that was semi-competitive was Cody Franson’s gorgeous little tally that elicited slightly excessive Bobby Orr reactions.
There weren’t any goals that I would consider “unforgettable” but check out the original poll post to see the other selections. Congrats to Selanne, a guy who probably would have won many other goal of the week awards if PHT (and hockey blogs) existed since he took the league by storm as a rookie all those years ago.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)