Oct 26, 2010, 8:20 PM EDT
Rather than just providing a near-daily offering (or three) regarding which goals we found the most entertaining, amazing or vital, we thought we’d also let PHT readers decide which goal was the best of the week.
The winner for the week of October 18-24 is Teemu Selanne. You can see the video of his 609th career goal above. Here is a screen shot of the poll results.
(click to enlarge results)
Teemu Selanne ran away with the poll, taking 75 out of 142 votes for 52.8 percent. The only goal that was semi-competitive was Cody Franson’s gorgeous little tally that elicited slightly excessive Bobby Orr reactions.
There weren’t any goals that I would consider “unforgettable” but check out the original poll post to see the other selections. Congrats to Selanne, a guy who probably would have won many other goal of the week awards if PHT (and hockey blogs) existed since he took the league by storm as a rookie all those years ago.
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)