Oct 26, 2010, 8:20 PM EDT
Rather than just providing a near-daily offering (or three) regarding which goals we found the most entertaining, amazing or vital, we thought we’d also let PHT readers decide which goal was the best of the week.
The winner for the week of October 18-24 is Teemu Selanne. You can see the video of his 609th career goal above. Here is a screen shot of the poll results.
(click to enlarge results)
Teemu Selanne ran away with the poll, taking 75 out of 142 votes for 52.8 percent. The only goal that was semi-competitive was Cody Franson’s gorgeous little tally that elicited slightly excessive Bobby Orr reactions.
There weren’t any goals that I would consider “unforgettable” but check out the original poll post to see the other selections. Congrats to Selanne, a guy who probably would have won many other goal of the week awards if PHT (and hockey blogs) existed since he took the league by storm as a rookie all those years ago.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 1
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 22
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 15
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)