Oct 26, 2010, 8:20 PM EDT
Rather than just providing a near-daily offering (or three) regarding which goals we found the most entertaining, amazing or vital, we thought we’d also let PHT readers decide which goal was the best of the week.
The winner for the week of October 18-24 is Teemu Selanne. You can see the video of his 609th career goal above. Here is a screen shot of the poll results.
(click to enlarge results)
Teemu Selanne ran away with the poll, taking 75 out of 142 votes for 52.8 percent. The only goal that was semi-competitive was Cody Franson’s gorgeous little tally that elicited slightly excessive Bobby Orr reactions.
There weren’t any goals that I would consider “unforgettable” but check out the original poll post to see the other selections. Congrats to Selanne, a guy who probably would have won many other goal of the week awards if PHT (and hockey blogs) existed since he took the league by storm as a rookie all those years ago.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5