Sep 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Gather your “Seinfeld” references both common and obscure, as the ECHL’s Bakersfield Condors are set to roll out “Puffy Shirt”-inspired uniforms.
The team’s feed has a few fun references, with this being one of the more amusing entries:
Those who mourned the death of stats site Extra Skater are in luck: there are already two new places to find “fancy stats” in ways that are a little friendlier on the eyes than some of the more established advanced stats sites.
First, there’s War on Ice, which at the moment seems the most reminiscent of Extra Skater, at least visually speaking. (War on Ice beta)
The second is Progressive Hockey, another nice source. (Progressive Hockey)
Note: these sites just came out, so be easy on them when it comes to needed improvements and try to be patient if those pages go down for a while.
How far is your team from getting the job done next season? Adam Gretz presents way to look at it. (About.com)
Here’s Ryan Miller‘s new mask:
Need more Pac-Man.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 9
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)