Sep 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Gather your “Seinfeld” references both common and obscure, as the ECHL’s Bakersfield Condors are set to roll out “Puffy Shirt”-inspired uniforms.
The team’s feed has a few fun references, with this being one of the more amusing entries:
Those who mourned the death of stats site Extra Skater are in luck: there are already two new places to find “fancy stats” in ways that are a little friendlier on the eyes than some of the more established advanced stats sites.
First, there’s War on Ice, which at the moment seems the most reminiscent of Extra Skater, at least visually speaking. (War on Ice beta)
The second is Progressive Hockey, another nice source. (Progressive Hockey)
Note: these sites just came out, so be easy on them when it comes to needed improvements and try to be patient if those pages go down for a while.
How far is your team from getting the job done next season? Adam Gretz presents way to look at it. (About.com)
Here’s Ryan Miller‘s new mask:
Need more Pac-Man.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 4
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 31
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)