Sep 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Gather your “Seinfeld” references both common and obscure, as the ECHL’s Bakersfield Condors are set to roll out “Puffy Shirt”-inspired uniforms.
The team’s feed has a few fun references, with this being one of the more amusing entries:
Those who mourned the death of stats site Extra Skater are in luck: there are already two new places to find “fancy stats” in ways that are a little friendlier on the eyes than some of the more established advanced stats sites.
First, there’s War on Ice, which at the moment seems the most reminiscent of Extra Skater, at least visually speaking. (War on Ice beta)
The second is Progressive Hockey, another nice source. (Progressive Hockey)
Note: these sites just came out, so be easy on them when it comes to needed improvements and try to be patient if those pages go down for a while.
How far is your team from getting the job done next season? Adam Gretz presents way to look at it. (About.com)
Here’s Ryan Miller‘s new mask:
Need more Pac-Man.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)