Sep 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Gather your “Seinfeld” references both common and obscure, as the ECHL’s Bakersfield Condors are set to roll out “Puffy Shirt”-inspired uniforms.
The team’s feed has a few fun references, with this being one of the more amusing entries:
Those who mourned the death of stats site Extra Skater are in luck: there are already two new places to find “fancy stats” in ways that are a little friendlier on the eyes than some of the more established advanced stats sites.
First, there’s War on Ice, which at the moment seems the most reminiscent of Extra Skater, at least visually speaking. (War on Ice beta)
The second is Progressive Hockey, another nice source. (Progressive Hockey)
Note: these sites just came out, so be easy on them when it comes to needed improvements and try to be patient if those pages go down for a while.
How far is your team from getting the job done next season? Adam Gretz presents way to look at it. (About.com)
Here’s Ryan Miller‘s new mask:
Need more Pac-Man.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 0
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 23
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24