Sep 4, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Gather your “Seinfeld” references both common and obscure, as the ECHL’s Bakersfield Condors are set to roll out “Puffy Shirt”-inspired uniforms.
The team’s feed has a few fun references, with this being one of the more amusing entries:
Those who mourned the death of stats site Extra Skater are in luck: there are already two new places to find “fancy stats” in ways that are a little friendlier on the eyes than some of the more established advanced stats sites.
First, there’s War on Ice, which at the moment seems the most reminiscent of Extra Skater, at least visually speaking. (War on Ice beta)
The second is Progressive Hockey, another nice source. (Progressive Hockey)
Note: these sites just came out, so be easy on them when it comes to needed improvements and try to be patient if those pages go down for a while.
How far is your team from getting the job done next season? Adam Gretz presents way to look at it. (About.com)
Here’s Ryan Miller‘s new mask:
Need more Pac-Man.
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 8
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15