Aug 4, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Remember when goalie mask art was dominated by ferocious monsters and fearsome beasts? OK, those are still out there, but the latest trend might be “mining your youth.”
You know what’s oddly fitting, though? The Ducks’ potential battle for the No. 1 goalie gig also takes place in the nostalgia category, as John Gibson counters with a pretty amazing Pac-Man mask from Dave Art:
In case other goalies need some inspiration, here are a few free nostalgia-laced mask ideas:
- Scrooge McDuck diving into a swimming pool full of money (great for goalies who just earned new contracts … Ben Bishop maybe?).
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles without those disturbing noses. (Seriously, Michael Bay … when will it end?)
- He-Man and Skeletor = all you really need.
What type of design would you feature on a goalie mask if you could afford the Dave Art treatment?
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony count of corporal injury 1
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 10
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 28
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)