Aug 4, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Remember when goalie mask art was dominated by ferocious monsters and fearsome beasts? OK, those are still out there, but the latest trend might be “mining your youth.”
You know what’s oddly fitting, though? The Ducks’ potential battle for the No. 1 goalie gig also takes place in the nostalgia category, as John Gibson counters with a pretty amazing Pac-Man mask from Dave Art:
In case other goalies need some inspiration, here are a few free nostalgia-laced mask ideas:
- Scrooge McDuck diving into a swimming pool full of money (great for goalies who just earned new contracts … Ben Bishop maybe?).
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles without those disturbing noses. (Seriously, Michael Bay … when will it end?)
- He-Man and Skeletor = all you really need.
What type of design would you feature on a goalie mask if you could afford the Dave Art treatment?
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 29
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 52
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 24
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 89
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)