Aug 4, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Remember when goalie mask art was dominated by ferocious monsters and fearsome beasts? OK, those are still out there, but the latest trend might be “mining your youth.”
You know what’s oddly fitting, though? The Ducks’ potential battle for the No. 1 goalie gig also takes place in the nostalgia category, as John Gibson counters with a pretty amazing Pac-Man mask from Dave Art:
In case other goalies need some inspiration, here are a few free nostalgia-laced mask ideas:
- Scrooge McDuck diving into a swimming pool full of money (great for goalies who just earned new contracts … Ben Bishop maybe?).
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles without those disturbing noses. (Seriously, Michael Bay … when will it end?)
- He-Man and Skeletor = all you really need.
What type of design would you feature on a goalie mask if you could afford the Dave Art treatment?
- Report: Devils fire coach DeBoer 0
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 0
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 2
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)