Aug 28, 2014, 5:59 PM EST
Ryan White‘s plans to compete for a roster spot with the Philadelphia Flyers during training camp have been hampered after he injured his left pectoralis muscle while training last week.
He had surgery as a result and there’s no timetable for his return, per the team’s website.
The 26-year-old forward agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with the Philadelphia Flyers earlier this month. The deal is worth $575,000 annually if he plays in the NHL.
White had two goals, six points, and 50 penalty minutes in 52 games in Montreal Canadiens. He has 17 points and 232 penalty minutes in 141 career contests.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)