Aug 28, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
Ryan White‘s plans to compete for a roster spot with the Philadelphia Flyers during training camp have been hampered after he injured his left pectoralis muscle while training last week.
He had surgery as a result and there’s no timetable for his return, per the team’s website.
The 26-year-old forward agreed to a one-year, two-way deal with the Philadelphia Flyers earlier this month. The deal is worth $575,000 annually if he plays in the NHL.
White had two goals, six points, and 50 penalty minutes in 52 games in Montreal Canadiens. He has 17 points and 232 penalty minutes in 141 career contests.
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 0
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)