Aug 7, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have announced that they’ve signed Ryan White to a one-year, two-way contract.
Update: White’s contract is worth $575,000 at the NHL level, according to TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie.
White had six points and 50 penalty minutes with the Montreal Canadiens in 2013-14. He became an unrestricted free agent after the club decided against giving him a qualifying offer.
This will mark the first time that White has failed to secure a one-way deal since his entry-level contract expired. He’s spent parts of the last five seasons in the NHL and has 141 career games under his belt.
The 26-year-old will compete for a bottom-six forward spot during training camp. Philadelphia currently has just 11 forwards signed to one-way deals.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 3
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 13
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)