Aug 7, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers have announced that they’ve signed Ryan White to a one-year, two-way contract.
Update: White’s contract is worth $575,000 at the NHL level, according to TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie.
White had six points and 50 penalty minutes with the Montreal Canadiens in 2013-14. He became an unrestricted free agent after the club decided against giving him a qualifying offer.
This will mark the first time that White has failed to secure a one-way deal since his entry-level contract expired. He’s spent parts of the last five seasons in the NHL and has 141 career games under his belt.
The 26-year-old will compete for a bottom-six forward spot during training camp. Philadelphia currently has just 11 forwards signed to one-way deals.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 8
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)