Aug 7, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have announced that they’ve signed Ryan White to a one-year, two-way contract.
Update: White’s contract is worth $575,000 at the NHL level, according to TVA Sports’ Renaud Lavoie.
White had six points and 50 penalty minutes with the Montreal Canadiens in 2013-14. He became an unrestricted free agent after the club decided against giving him a qualifying offer.
This will mark the first time that White has failed to secure a one-way deal since his entry-level contract expired. He’s spent parts of the last five seasons in the NHL and has 141 career games under his belt.
The 26-year-old will compete for a bottom-six forward spot during training camp. Philadelphia currently has just 11 forwards signed to one-way deals.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)