Aug 9, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Alexander Semin‘s recovery from offseason wrist surgery is moving along slowly.
According to Dmitry Chesnokov of Yahoo! Sports, Semin has not recovered fully from surgery and will be returning to the United States to complete his rehab. He had the operation done after the season ended.
The Hurricanes’ hope when he had his wrist repaired was that he’d be ready for training camp. It’s unknown if the slow recovery will end up causing him to miss any time when camp opens in mid-September.
Last season, Semin had 22 goals and 42 points in 65 games and was added to Russia’s Olympic team after originally not being selected. He’s entering the second season of a five-year, $35 million deal he signed with the Hurricanes.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 19
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5