Aug 9, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Alexander Semin‘s recovery from offseason wrist surgery is moving along slowly.
According to Dmitry Chesnokov of Yahoo! Sports, Semin has not recovered fully from surgery and will be returning to the United States to complete his rehab. He had the operation done after the season ended.
The Hurricanes’ hope when he had his wrist repaired was that he’d be ready for training camp. It’s unknown if the slow recovery will end up causing him to miss any time when camp opens in mid-September.
Last season, Semin had 22 goals and 42 points in 65 games and was added to Russia’s Olympic team after originally not being selected. He’s entering the second season of a five-year, $35 million deal he signed with the Hurricanes.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)