Aug 9, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Alexander Semin‘s recovery from offseason wrist surgery is moving along slowly.
According to Dmitry Chesnokov of Yahoo! Sports, Semin has not recovered fully from surgery and will be returning to the United States to complete his rehab. He had the operation done after the season ended.
The Hurricanes’ hope when he had his wrist repaired was that he’d be ready for training camp. It’s unknown if the slow recovery will end up causing him to miss any time when camp opens in mid-September.
Last season, Semin had 22 goals and 42 points in 65 games and was added to Russia’s Olympic team after originally not being selected. He’s entering the second season of a five-year, $35 million deal he signed with the Hurricanes.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)