Aug 9, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Alexander Semin‘s recovery from offseason wrist surgery is moving along slowly.
According to Dmitry Chesnokov of Yahoo! Sports, Semin has not recovered fully from surgery and will be returning to the United States to complete his rehab. He had the operation done after the season ended.
The Hurricanes’ hope when he had his wrist repaired was that he’d be ready for training camp. It’s unknown if the slow recovery will end up causing him to miss any time when camp opens in mid-September.
Last season, Semin had 22 goals and 42 points in 65 games and was added to Russia’s Olympic team after originally not being selected. He’s entering the second season of a five-year, $35 million deal he signed with the Hurricanes.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 10
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 21
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 23
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)