Jul 29, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
Frolik had 15 goals and 27 assists for the Jets in 2013-14. The 26-year-old was traded to Winnipeg from Chicago last summer.
While the potential ugliness of an arbitration hearing was avoided, the two sides were unable to agree on a long-term deal, which means Frolik can become an unrestricted free agent next summer.
According to Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press, a five-year deal was being discussed, but it ultimately never came together in time.
Update: More quotes here from Frolik’s agent, Allan Walsh.
“Clearly, it’s been mutually expressed that there is a strong desire to get something done,” said Walsh. “We expect to begin talking again and get something done well before the end of the season. That’s our hope and our intention.”
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 0
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 102
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (102)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)