Jun 30, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
The Blackhawks have moved another piece of their Stanley Cup-winning side, sending forward Michael Frolik to Winnipeg for a pair of picks (74th and 134th overall).
Frolik, 25, has one season remaining on his three-year, $7 million deal. The former No. 10 overall pick does have some talent — he scored 21 goals in each of his first two seasons in the NHL — but redefined his game in Chicago, becoming more of a bottom-six penalty killer.
He was second among all ‘Hawks forwards in shorthanded time on ice this year, and a key figure on the team’s third-ranked penalty kill.
Frolik had 10 points in 45 games this year, averaging just over 12 minutes per game. He proved to be an effective role player in the playoffs, scoring 10 points in 23 games while bumping his average TOI to 13:09.
Earlier today, the ‘Hawks sent center Dave Bolland to Toronto for a handful of picks.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)