Jul 16, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Derek Roy is going to be eating some mung beans this summer. The 31-year-old forward, and newest member of the Nashville Predators, has enlisted the fitness and nutrition services of former NHLer Gary Roberts.
“I know coming into this summer I wanted to come in the best shape I could possibly coming into the season, and that’s why I sought out Gary Roberts and his workout program,” Roy said, per The Tennessean. “I’m feeling great right now and hopefully at the end of the summer I’ll be feeling better and not focusing on injuries.”
If you’re not familiar with the Roberts program, click here. (Also contains recipe for Chicken cacciatore.)
Yesterday, Preds general manager David Poile said that Roy was “embarrassed by his performance” in recent seasons and “motivated by the opportunity” to joins a Nashville team that wants to play a more offensive style under new coach Peter Laviolette.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5