Jul 16, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Derek Roy is going to be eating some mung beans this summer. The 31-year-old forward, and newest member of the Nashville Predators, has enlisted the fitness and nutrition services of former NHLer Gary Roberts.
“I know coming into this summer I wanted to come in the best shape I could possibly coming into the season, and that’s why I sought out Gary Roberts and his workout program,” Roy said, per The Tennessean. “I’m feeling great right now and hopefully at the end of the summer I’ll be feeling better and not focusing on injuries.”
If you’re not familiar with the Roberts program, click here. (Also contains recipe for Chicken cacciatore.)
Yesterday, Preds general manager David Poile said that Roy was “embarrassed by his performance” in recent seasons and “motivated by the opportunity” to joins a Nashville team that wants to play a more offensive style under new coach Peter Laviolette.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 1
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 11
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56