Jul 15, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild are making sure to maintain their forward depth through the system.
The team announced they’ve re-signed restricted free agent forward Jason Zucker to a two-year deal. The first year of the new contract is a two-way deal and the second year will be one-way meaning he makes the same in the NHL or the AHL.
During the past two seasons Zucker has been an ideal depth player for the Wild. He scored four goals with five points in 21 games last season and had the same stats two seasons ago in 20 games. He’s nothing if not consistent.
At 22 years old, Zucker is a player the organization still has hopes he’ll turn into a consistent goal scorer at the NHL level, but he’s seen other young prospects zoom past him and into the big leagues. Mikael Granlund, Charlie Coyle, Nino Niederreiter, and Erik Haula all established themselves last season.
Zucker is coming off a late-season knee injury and will look to impress in training camp. At the very least he’ll start the season in Iowa.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 5
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 22
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 35
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)