Jul 15, 2014, 3:14 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild are making sure to maintain their forward depth through the system.
The team announced they’ve re-signed restricted free agent forward Jason Zucker to a two-year deal. The first year of the new contract is a two-way deal and the second year will be one-way meaning he makes the same in the NHL or the AHL.
During the past two seasons Zucker has been an ideal depth player for the Wild. He scored four goals with five points in 21 games last season and had the same stats two seasons ago in 20 games. He’s nothing if not consistent.
At 22 years old, Zucker is a player the organization still has hopes he’ll turn into a consistent goal scorer at the NHL level, but he’s seen other young prospects zoom past him and into the big leagues. Mikael Granlund, Charlie Coyle, Nino Niederreiter, and Erik Haula all established themselves last season.
Zucker is coming off a late-season knee injury and will look to impress in training camp. At the very least he’ll start the season in Iowa.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)