Mar 19, 2014, 12:43 PM EST
Zucker, 22, underwent what was described as a “minor” knee procedure over the Olympic break but has failed to return, with Fletcher saying the situation had “gone from something minor to not.”
Here’s more, from the Pioneer Press:
Via text message, Zucker declined comment until a later date.
About 7 p.m. Tuesday, he tweeted, “I have no idea how to handle this…#rattled.”
Minnesota’s second-round pick (59th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Zucker had 50 points in 55 games for AHL Houston (now Iowa) last season, and played in all five games of Minnesota’s opening-round playoff loss to Chicago, scoring the OT winner in the Wild’s lone victory over the ‘Hawks.
This year, Zucker had four goals through 21 games while averaging close to 14 minutes a night.
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 16
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 24
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)