Mar 19, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
Zucker, 22, underwent what was described as a “minor” knee procedure over the Olympic break but has failed to return, with Fletcher saying the situation had “gone from something minor to not.”
Here’s more, from the Pioneer Press:
Via text message, Zucker declined comment until a later date.
About 7 p.m. Tuesday, he tweeted, “I have no idea how to handle this…#rattled.”
Minnesota’s second-round pick (59th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Zucker had 50 points in 55 games for AHL Houston (now Iowa) last season, and played in all five games of Minnesota’s opening-round playoff loss to Chicago, scoring the OT winner in the Wild’s lone victory over the ‘Hawks.
This year, Zucker had four goals through 21 games while averaging close to 14 minutes a night.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)