Mar 19, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
Zucker, 22, underwent what was described as a “minor” knee procedure over the Olympic break but has failed to return, with Fletcher saying the situation had “gone from something minor to not.”
Here’s more, from the Pioneer Press:
Via text message, Zucker declined comment until a later date.
About 7 p.m. Tuesday, he tweeted, “I have no idea how to handle this…#rattled.”
Minnesota’s second-round pick (59th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Zucker had 50 points in 55 games for AHL Houston (now Iowa) last season, and played in all five games of Minnesota’s opening-round playoff loss to Chicago, scoring the OT winner in the Wild’s lone victory over the ‘Hawks.
This year, Zucker had four goals through 21 games while averaging close to 14 minutes a night.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)