Jul 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks did a bit of upkeep of their own restricted free agents on Tuesday.
The team made the re-signing of Tommy Wingels official. We shared the report of his three-year, $7.4 million deal recently. After coming off a career-best season he received the healthy raise he had coming to him.
Sheppard, 26, had his best season since 2009-10 with the Minnesota Wild last season totaling four goals and 20 points in 67 games. He had an impressive turn in the playoffs scoring two goals with six points in San Jose’s seven-game series loss to the Los Angeles Kings.
While he was playing third and fourth line minutes (average time on ice of 12:10), he found a way to be a productive player in San Jose’s bottom six. Having that sort of play helped keep things balanced out although it didn’t do much to help the team overall in the postseason.
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 0
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)