Jul 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks did a bit of upkeep of their own restricted free agents on Tuesday.
The team made the re-signing of Tommy Wingels official. We shared the report of his three-year, $7.4 million deal recently. After coming off a career-best season he received the healthy raise he had coming to him.
Sheppard, 26, had his best season since 2009-10 with the Minnesota Wild last season totaling four goals and 20 points in 67 games. He had an impressive turn in the playoffs scoring two goals with six points in San Jose’s seven-game series loss to the Los Angeles Kings.
While he was playing third and fourth line minutes (average time on ice of 12:10), he found a way to be a productive player in San Jose’s bottom six. Having that sort of play helped keep things balanced out although it didn’t do much to help the team overall in the postseason.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 0
- In praise of John Tavares 9
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 17
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36