Jul 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks did a bit of upkeep of their own restricted free agents on Tuesday.
The team made the re-signing of Tommy Wingels official. We shared the report of his three-year, $7.4 million deal recently. After coming off a career-best season he received the healthy raise he had coming to him.
Sheppard, 26, had his best season since 2009-10 with the Minnesota Wild last season totaling four goals and 20 points in 67 games. He had an impressive turn in the playoffs scoring two goals with six points in San Jose’s seven-game series loss to the Los Angeles Kings.
While he was playing third and fourth line minutes (average time on ice of 12:10), he found a way to be a productive player in San Jose’s bottom six. Having that sort of play helped keep things balanced out although it didn’t do much to help the team overall in the postseason.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)