Jul 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks did a bit of upkeep of their own restricted free agents on Tuesday.
The team made the re-signing of Tommy Wingels official. We shared the report of his three-year, $7.4 million deal recently. After coming off a career-best season he received the healthy raise he had coming to him.
Sheppard, 26, had his best season since 2009-10 with the Minnesota Wild last season totaling four goals and 20 points in 67 games. He had an impressive turn in the playoffs scoring two goals with six points in San Jose’s seven-game series loss to the Los Angeles Kings.
While he was playing third and fourth line minutes (average time on ice of 12:10), he found a way to be a productive player in San Jose’s bottom six. Having that sort of play helped keep things balanced out although it didn’t do much to help the team overall in the postseason.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)