Jul 8, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks did a bit of upkeep of their own restricted free agents on Tuesday.
The team made the re-signing of Tommy Wingels official. We shared the report of his three-year, $7.4 million deal recently. After coming off a career-best season he received the healthy raise he had coming to him.
Sheppard, 26, had his best season since 2009-10 with the Minnesota Wild last season totaling four goals and 20 points in 67 games. He had an impressive turn in the playoffs scoring two goals with six points in San Jose’s seven-game series loss to the Los Angeles Kings.
While he was playing third and fourth line minutes (average time on ice of 12:10), he found a way to be a productive player in San Jose’s bottom six. Having that sort of play helped keep things balanced out although it didn’t do much to help the team overall in the postseason.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5