Jul 7, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
Tommy Wingels had a breakout season with the San Jose Sharks last year and he’s reportedly going to be rewarded for it.
Our friends at CSNBayArea.com report Wingels has agreed to a three-year deal with the Sharks. Wingels is coming off a two-year contract that paid $1.55 million and he’ll be due for a raise.
UPDATE (7/7/14 12:05 p.m. ET): A raise is just what he got. Kevin Kurz at CSNBayArea.com reports it’s a three-year, $7.4 million deal.
Wingels, 26, had 16 goals and 38 points in 77 games last season — all of which were career-highs. With the Sharks in need of added scoring depth, he stepped up in a big way and was also a clutch player for them leading the team with seven game-winning goals.
Wingels found some chemistry with Patrick Marleau last season which likely helped boost his offensive numbers. With the Sharks opting to hold steady with their roster for the most part, Wingels is set up to pick up where he left off.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)