Jul 7, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Tommy Wingels had a breakout season with the San Jose Sharks last year and he’s reportedly going to be rewarded for it.
Our friends at CSNBayArea.com report Wingels has agreed to a three-year deal with the Sharks. Wingels is coming off a two-year contract that paid $1.55 million and he’ll be due for a raise.
UPDATE (7/7/14 12:05 p.m. ET): A raise is just what he got. Kevin Kurz at CSNBayArea.com reports it’s a three-year, $7.4 million deal.
Wingels, 26, had 16 goals and 38 points in 77 games last season — all of which were career-highs. With the Sharks in need of added scoring depth, he stepped up in a big way and was also a clutch player for them leading the team with seven game-winning goals.
Wingels found some chemistry with Patrick Marleau last season which likely helped boost his offensive numbers. With the Sharks opting to hold steady with their roster for the most part, Wingels is set up to pick up where he left off.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 15
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 76
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (80)