Jul 7, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Tommy Wingels had a breakout season with the San Jose Sharks last year and he’s reportedly going to be rewarded for it.
Our friends at CSNBayArea.com report Wingels has agreed to a three-year deal with the Sharks. Wingels is coming off a two-year contract that paid $1.55 million and he’ll be due for a raise.
UPDATE (7/7/14 12:05 p.m. ET): A raise is just what he got. Kevin Kurz at CSNBayArea.com reports it’s a three-year, $7.4 million deal.
Wingels, 26, had 16 goals and 38 points in 77 games last season — all of which were career-highs. With the Sharks in need of added scoring depth, he stepped up in a big way and was also a clutch player for them leading the team with seven game-winning goals.
Wingels found some chemistry with Patrick Marleau last season which likely helped boost his offensive numbers. With the Sharks opting to hold steady with their roster for the most part, Wingels is set up to pick up where he left off.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)