Jul 8, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
On Tuesday, Winnipeg forward Evander Kane appeared on Vancouver’s Team 1040 Radio and had some rather, um, curious comments about his future as a Jet.
The transcription, for your reading pleasure:
[1040 host] Matt Sekeres: Evander, do you want to play for the Winnipeg Jets anymore?
Kane: Well, I think I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now and there’s been speculation and rumors for the three years since I got there. So we’ll see what happens and we’ll carry on as I’m a Winnipeg Jet.
Sekeres: There’s not a yes in there, and some Jets fans might say you know, why doesn’t he want to play for us? Why isn’t he absolutely fully on board for playing for us? [To Kane] You’re shaking your finger at me.
Kane: No, I think… I’m training hard and getting ready for this season. Last summer I didn’t have a full summer of training due to some surgery I had, so I found it really important for me to start training early and get myself in the best shape possible for the upcoming season.
You can listen to the audio here. If you do, you’ll get a better sense of Kane’s deflection skills — Tomas Holmstrom would be awed by how good they are.
As for Kane’s actual comments, I’m not sure they add more insight to what’s pretty well known — he doesn’t really like his current situation. His time in Winnipeg has been marred with too many incidents to mention, yet the most telling development of all might’ve been when he “favorited” a tweet pushing a trade to Philly during Draft weekend. This ended up being, y’know, actual news, which says a lot — the situation has gotten to the point where people are waiting to see what unique, innovative ways Kane will express his desire to get out of Winnipeg.
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)