Jun 30, 2014, 3:25 PM EST
From TSN’s Darren Dreger:
Sure sounds like the Flames were trying to use their financial might to “buy” some high first-round picks.
Worth a shot, we suppose. It’s no secret that Carolina and Arizona have their own internal budgets. The last thing those teams want to do is pay a player to go away.
But that’s ultimately what the Coyotes did with Ribeiro, while taking a sizable cap hit to boot. It’s not clear if the Flames would’ve kept or bought out Ribeiro, who “had some real behavioral issues” with the Coyotes, according to GM Don Maloney.
The Hurricanes are planning to go with a goalie due of Cam Ward and Anton Khudobin next season.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 4
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 29
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 31
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)