Jun 30, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
From TSN’s Darren Dreger:
Sure sounds like the Flames were trying to use their financial might to “buy” some high first-round picks.
Worth a shot, we suppose. It’s no secret that Carolina and Arizona have their own internal budgets. The last thing those teams want to do is pay a player to go away.
But that’s ultimately what the Coyotes did with Ribeiro, while taking a sizable cap hit to boot. It’s not clear if the Flames would’ve kept or bought out Ribeiro, who “had some real behavioral issues” with the Coyotes, according to GM Don Maloney.
The Hurricanes are planning to go with a goalie due of Cam Ward and Anton Khudobin next season.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)