Jun 30, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
From TSN’s Darren Dreger:
Sure sounds like the Flames were trying to use their financial might to “buy” some high first-round picks.
Worth a shot, we suppose. It’s no secret that Carolina and Arizona have their own internal budgets. The last thing those teams want to do is pay a player to go away.
But that’s ultimately what the Coyotes did with Ribeiro, while taking a sizable cap hit to boot. It’s not clear if the Flames would’ve kept or bought out Ribeiro, who “had some real behavioral issues” with the Coyotes, according to GM Don Maloney.
The Hurricanes are planning to go with a goalie due of Cam Ward and Anton Khudobin next season.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 0
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)