Jun 30, 2014, 3:25 PM EDT
From TSN’s Darren Dreger:
Sure sounds like the Flames were trying to use their financial might to “buy” some high first-round picks.
Worth a shot, we suppose. It’s no secret that Carolina and Arizona have their own internal budgets. The last thing those teams want to do is pay a player to go away.
But that’s ultimately what the Coyotes did with Ribeiro, while taking a sizable cap hit to boot. It’s not clear if the Flames would’ve kept or bought out Ribeiro, who “had some real behavioral issues” with the Coyotes, according to GM Don Maloney.
The Hurricanes are planning to go with a goalie due of Cam Ward and Anton Khudobin next season.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 14
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 26
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 49
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (49)