Jun 30, 2014, 3:25 PM EST
From TSN’s Darren Dreger:
Sure sounds like the Flames were trying to use their financial might to “buy” some high first-round picks.
Worth a shot, we suppose. It’s no secret that Carolina and Arizona have their own internal budgets. The last thing those teams want to do is pay a player to go away.
But that’s ultimately what the Coyotes did with Ribeiro, while taking a sizable cap hit to boot. It’s not clear if the Flames would’ve kept or bought out Ribeiro, who “had some real behavioral issues” with the Coyotes, according to GM Don Maloney.
The Hurricanes are planning to go with a goalie due of Cam Ward and Anton Khudobin next season.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)