Jun 30, 2014, 11:04 PM EDT
It’s coming down to it now. The Toronto Maple Leafs could keep Dave Bolland tomorrow when the NHL free agency period officially kicks off, or they could lose him.
Although there doesn’t seem to be a clear indication as to what could happen with the veteran center at this point. That was echoed somewhat by Leafs general manager Dave Nonis over the weekend in Philadelphia.
The two sides have been going back and forth in recent weeks, but one of the last updates there was stated the two sides were far apart in their negotiations.
Bolland, 28, is headed for unrestricted free agency.
The Leafs, it appears, will also officially part ways with left winger Nikolai Kulemin, who is also about to become an unrestricted free agent and wasn’t very happy with his role with the Leafs the past season.
Nikolai Kulemin's agent, Gary Greenstin, says that his client will "miss the Maple Leafs." Kulemin is headed to free agency in 14 hours.—
Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) July 01, 2014
While those two players could leave – one of them, it seems, is assured to go on the market – the Leafs have reportedly been talking to another pending UFA in Tanner Glass.
2 teams that have called Tanner Glass include the Maple Leafs and Rangers.—
News1130 Sports (@News1130Sports) July 01, 2014
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)