Jun 29, 2014, 3:53 PM EST
The seemingly endless dalliance between Thomas Vanek and the Minnesota Wild continues today.
Louis Jean of TVA Sports reports Vanek met face-to-face with the Wild today in Minnesota. That kind of meeting was easily arranged because Minnesota is where he calls home when hockey’s not in season.
Ever since the start of the final season of Vanek’s contract talk has centered around how the Wild would be the front-runners to land him in the offseason. After playing for three different teams and his season ending with a thud in the Stanley Cup Playoffs with Montreal, the two sides are talking it up.
Vanek, 30, won’t be returning to the Canadiens after his disappointing postseason. It was said two weeks ago that it “wasn’t a sure thing” he would sign with Minnesota, but after all the talk recently, at the very least the Wild are making it clear they’d like to bring him in.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35