Jun 29, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
The seemingly endless dalliance between Thomas Vanek and the Minnesota Wild continues today.
Louis Jean of TVA Sports reports Vanek met face-to-face with the Wild today in Minnesota. That kind of meeting was easily arranged because Minnesota is where he calls home when hockey’s not in season.
Ever since the start of the final season of Vanek’s contract talk has centered around how the Wild would be the front-runners to land him in the offseason. After playing for three different teams and his season ending with a thud in the Stanley Cup Playoffs with Montreal, the two sides are talking it up.
Vanek, 30, won’t be returning to the Canadiens after his disappointing postseason. It was said two weeks ago that it “wasn’t a sure thing” he would sign with Minnesota, but after all the talk recently, at the very least the Wild are making it clear they’d like to bring him in.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 21
- Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 26
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)