Jun 29, 2014, 3:53 PM EST
The seemingly endless dalliance between Thomas Vanek and the Minnesota Wild continues today.
Louis Jean of TVA Sports reports Vanek met face-to-face with the Wild today in Minnesota. That kind of meeting was easily arranged because Minnesota is where he calls home when hockey’s not in season.
Ever since the start of the final season of Vanek’s contract talk has centered around how the Wild would be the front-runners to land him in the offseason. After playing for three different teams and his season ending with a thud in the Stanley Cup Playoffs with Montreal, the two sides are talking it up.
Vanek, 30, won’t be returning to the Canadiens after his disappointing postseason. It was said two weeks ago that it “wasn’t a sure thing” he would sign with Minnesota, but after all the talk recently, at the very least the Wild are making it clear they’d like to bring him in.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 0
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)