Jun 28, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Vancouver’s been the busiest team at this weekend’s NHL Entry Draft, but Nashville’s doing all it can to get in that conversation.
Though curious, it’s not an incredibly surprising development. Del Zotto struggled after coming over from the Rangers midway through the year, sitting as a healthy scratch at one point after then-head coach Barry Trotz said the defenseman’s “game has slipped.”
Following the year — in which the 25-year-old had just one goal and five points in 25 games for the Preds — Del Zotto, a pending RFA, said he had “no idea” about a potential new deal with Nashville.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 9
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4