Jun 28, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Vancouver’s been the busiest team at this weekend’s NHL Entry Draft, but Nashville’s doing all it can to get in that conversation.
Though curious, it’s not an incredibly surprising development. Del Zotto struggled after coming over from the Rangers midway through the year, sitting as a healthy scratch at one point after then-head coach Barry Trotz said the defenseman’s “game has slipped.”
Following the year — in which the 25-year-old had just one goal and five points in 25 games for the Preds — Del Zotto, a pending RFA, said he had “no idea” about a potential new deal with Nashville.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30