Jun 28, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
Vancouver’s been the busiest team at this weekend’s NHL Entry Draft, but Nashville’s doing all it can to get in that conversation.
Though curious, it’s not an incredibly surprising development. Del Zotto struggled after coming over from the Rangers midway through the year, sitting as a healthy scratch at one point after then-head coach Barry Trotz said the defenseman’s “game has slipped.”
Following the year — in which the 25-year-old had just one goal and five points in 25 games for the Preds — Del Zotto, a pending RFA, said he had “no idea” about a potential new deal with Nashville.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8