Jun 28, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
Vancouver’s been the busiest team at this weekend’s NHL Entry Draft, but Nashville’s doing all it can to get in that conversation.
Though curious, it’s not an incredibly surprising development. Del Zotto struggled after coming over from the Rangers midway through the year, sitting as a healthy scratch at one point after then-head coach Barry Trotz said the defenseman’s “game has slipped.”
Following the year — in which the 25-year-old had just one goal and five points in 25 games for the Preds — Del Zotto, a pending RFA, said he had “no idea” about a potential new deal with Nashville.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 22
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5