Jun 28, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
The Washington Capitals and pending unrestricted free agent Mikhail Grabovski appear on different sides when it comes to a dollar figure for a new contract.
Grabovski, 30, could be on the open market in a few days, after one season in Washington. He was a one-year deal worth $3 million with the Capitals, but struggled in the second half of the season, mostly because of injuries. Grabovski scored 13 times and had 35 points in 58 games.
He was the subject of a UFA of the Day feature prior to the NHL Draft.
But money appears to be a problem in these latest contract talks, as Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington reported via Twitter on Friday.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 7
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)