Jun 28, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
The Washington Capitals and pending unrestricted free agent Mikhail Grabovski appear on different sides when it comes to a dollar figure for a new contract.
Grabovski, 30, could be on the open market in a few days, after one season in Washington. He was a one-year deal worth $3 million with the Capitals, but struggled in the second half of the season, mostly because of injuries. Grabovski scored 13 times and had 35 points in 58 games.
He was the subject of a UFA of the Day feature prior to the NHL Draft.
But money appears to be a problem in these latest contract talks, as Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington reported via Twitter on Friday.
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 0
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 2
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 42
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)