Jun 28, 2014, 1:00 AM EST
The Washington Capitals and pending unrestricted free agent Mikhail Grabovski appear on different sides when it comes to a dollar figure for a new contract.
Grabovski, 30, could be on the open market in a few days, after one season in Washington. He was a one-year deal worth $3 million with the Capitals, but struggled in the second half of the season, mostly because of injuries. Grabovski scored 13 times and had 35 points in 58 games.
He was the subject of a UFA of the Day feature prior to the NHL Draft.
But money appears to be a problem in these latest contract talks, as Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington reported via Twitter on Friday.
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 37
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 10
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 14
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 35
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (41)