Jun 28, 2014, 1:00 AM EST
The Washington Capitals and pending unrestricted free agent Mikhail Grabovski appear on different sides when it comes to a dollar figure for a new contract.
Grabovski, 30, could be on the open market in a few days, after one season in Washington. He was a one-year deal worth $3 million with the Capitals, but struggled in the second half of the season, mostly because of injuries. Grabovski scored 13 times and had 35 points in 58 games.
He was the subject of a UFA of the Day feature prior to the NHL Draft.
But money appears to be a problem in these latest contract talks, as Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington reported via Twitter on Friday.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2