Jun 28, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
The Washington Capitals and pending unrestricted free agent Mikhail Grabovski appear on different sides when it comes to a dollar figure for a new contract.
Grabovski, 30, could be on the open market in a few days, after one season in Washington. He was a one-year deal worth $3 million with the Capitals, but struggled in the second half of the season, mostly because of injuries. Grabovski scored 13 times and had 35 points in 58 games.
He was the subject of a UFA of the Day feature prior to the NHL Draft.
But money appears to be a problem in these latest contract talks, as Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington reported via Twitter on Friday.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 34
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)