Feb 28, 2014, 12:58 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals scored a big win on Thursday, but it might’ve proved costly.
Mikhail Grabovski was injured during last night’s 5-4 win over the Panthers, and has been sent back to D.C. for further evaluation. This rules him out of the Caps’ game on Saturday in Boston and it’s very likely he’s re-aggravated a preexisting ankle injury, according to CSN Washington.
Grabovski missed eight games prior to the Olympic break with the ankle ailment, but resumed practicing last week and “looked fine,” according to Caps head coach Adam Oates.
The 30-year-old has been a nice pickup for the Caps this year, scoring 33 points in 50 games.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)