Feb 28, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
The Washington Capitals scored a big win on Thursday, but it might’ve proved costly.
Mikhail Grabovski was injured during last night’s 5-4 win over the Panthers, and has been sent back to D.C. for further evaluation. This rules him out of the Caps’ game on Saturday in Boston and it’s very likely he’s re-aggravated a preexisting ankle injury, according to CSN Washington.
Grabovski missed eight games prior to the Olympic break with the ankle ailment, but resumed practicing last week and “looked fine,” according to Caps head coach Adam Oates.
The 30-year-old has been a nice pickup for the Caps this year, scoring 33 points in 50 games.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 16
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 63
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (69)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)