Feb 28, 2014, 12:58 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals scored a big win on Thursday, but it might’ve proved costly.
Mikhail Grabovski was injured during last night’s 5-4 win over the Panthers, and has been sent back to D.C. for further evaluation. This rules him out of the Caps’ game on Saturday in Boston and it’s very likely he’s re-aggravated a preexisting ankle injury, according to CSN Washington.
Grabovski missed eight games prior to the Olympic break with the ankle ailment, but resumed practicing last week and “looked fine,” according to Caps head coach Adam Oates.
The 30-year-old has been a nice pickup for the Caps this year, scoring 33 points in 50 games.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17