Jun 13, 2014, 1:30 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings couldn’t wrap up the Stanley Cup Final on Wednesday in New York. They’ll have another chance on Friday, in front of their home fans, and with a 3-1 series lead on the New York Rangers.
Failing to win that fourth game in their first opportunity presented a cross-country trip for the Kings, as well as the Rangers, for Game 5 at the Staples Center. New York may have remained alive for now. Momentum? Well, that’s another thing, and apparently media driven, according to the comments from L.A.’s head coach Darryl Sutter.
A win, and the Kings take their second Stanley Cup championship in the last three years.
So, not like they’re short on the quality of experience. If there is another motivation to closing this thing out on Friday, it’s the elimination of yet another trip back to New York, the site of a Game 6 if necessary.
“I have confidence in this team in every aspect and every facet of hockey,” Kings forward Justin Williams told NHL.com. “We’ll be ready. We know what’s at stake. We don’t want to go back there. It’s a long plane ride.
“Just win – that’s with a big period and exclamation point after it. I don’t care where it is. Win one more.”
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 15
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 26
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)