Suspended Moore sorry for hit on Weise, eager to play in Cup Final

Jun 2, 2014, 9:36 AM EDT

John Moore Getty Images

New York Rangers defenseman John Moore won’t get to make his first appearance in the Stanley Cup Final against the Los Angeles Kings until Game 2 because of his suspension.

Moore was banned for two games following his head-high hit on Montreal Canadiens forward Dale Weise. As Brett Cyrgalis of the New York Post shares, Moore is apologetic for what he did and eager to get back into action.

“Obviously, if I could take it all back, I would,” Moore said after Sunday’s practice, the Rangers’ first day back on the ice after two days off. “The biggest thing is I hope Dale is OK, and I just have to get ready for an opportunity coming up here.”

Moore added that he thought he “got in front of” Weise but said he has to make sure he’s not hitting a vulnerable player. A suspended player owning his dangerous hit makes for a pleasant change of pace.

For now, it’s Raphael Diaz who will likely suit up in his place in Game 1. Diaz played in Game 6 against Montreal and he played just 11:35 while on the third pairing with Kevin Klein.

1. djshnooks - Jun 2, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Shouldn’t be allowed to play, dirtbag.

I hope he gets his.

• Fertility Doctor - Jun 2, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Dude, RELAX, this unfortunately happens all the time. This was Moore’s first time ever doing such a thing. I bet you weren’t saying the when your boy Prust did the exact same thing intentionally. And don’t deny being a Habs fan either because it’s pretty obvious.

• Fertility Doctor - Jun 2, 2014 at 10:55 AM

EDIT: *saying that*

• billiam55 - Jun 2, 2014 at 2:02 PM

have fun golfing!

2. djshnooks - Jun 2, 2014 at 10:15 AM

I don’t care what anyone says…you don’t NOT go after another man’s head.

You might as well go for his balls.

• joey4id - Jun 2, 2014 at 10:32 AM

“you do NOT go after another man’s head” & “I hope he gets his”.

Make up your mind?

3. joey4id - Jun 2, 2014 at 10:31 AM

JY, your cup prediction from back in October is looking pretty good. I’m impressed.

4. Fertility Doctor - Jun 2, 2014 at 10:51 AM

GO RANGERS ROO ROO ROO !!!!!!!!!

5. muckleflugga - Jun 2, 2014 at 11:29 AM

joey4id

creepier than creepy

did it ever occur to you some people can change opinions, even as games evolve, several times … there’s no hard and fast rule on opinion, influenced by changing events as they occur

you claim you played hockey and your ideas come from that experience, but you present as the kind of person who reads about hockey, fixed on cliché, gnawing it like a dog on a bone

from your reading you wield authority as if you’ve played but the gap in understanding is apparent to players … the guy who played in the Q caught you out for the fraud you are, and you nursed the grudge for weeks

but he was bang-on … quit making-out like you’re some far seeing authority on the game, then go play some pick-up … hang with players, find the jargon, find the game

in the meantime, get outside and get some fresh air, before you embarrass yourself further

• joey4id - Jun 2, 2014 at 2:41 PM

lol! Ah! Yes! The guy who played in the Q. Now there is an authority if ever I met one. The Q. Mario Tremblay played in the Q, and in the NHL. Hell of a coach he became. Eh!

what kind of self-obsessed anal retentive nancy boy tracks comments and predictions in these boards …? Don Cherry kind, or me. same difference. ;-)

A prediction is a prediction. Kudos for JY to have been able to predict the finalists.

Opinion: a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
      Prediction: the act of saying what will happen in the future : the act of predicting something

Only whimps change their predictions. The ones that speak from both sides of their mouths.

Fixed on cliché. Says who? Q? hahahahaha! Get your head out of you rear and come up for air. It’s amazing what you can learn when you observe with an opened mind.

The boys I hang out with didn’t have time to play pick up when in their prime. They were too busy earning they salaries, and we no longer play. Old hockey injuries have a tendency to catch up to you when you get to our age. The jargon we use is far beyond your comprehension, and that of Mr Q.

Keep sticking it to me…. regardless of your ignorance of the great game of hockey. And don’t forget to have fun. I know I’m having fun despite how much I embarrass myself so says you. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

6. dolphincult - Jun 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM

any day of joey editorial

Why are we talking about fighting... again?

Top 10 NHL Player Searches