Jun 2, 2014, 9:36 AM EDT
New York Rangers defenseman John Moore won’t get to make his first appearance in the Stanley Cup Final against the Los Angeles Kings until Game 2 because of his suspension.
Moore was banned for two games following his head-high hit on Montreal Canadiens forward Dale Weise. As Brett Cyrgalis of the New York Post shares, Moore is apologetic for what he did and eager to get back into action.
“Obviously, if I could take it all back, I would,” Moore said after Sunday’s practice, the Rangers’ first day back on the ice after two days off. “The biggest thing is I hope Dale is OK, and I just have to get ready for an opportunity coming up here.”
Moore added that he thought he “got in front of” Weise but said he has to make sure he’s not hitting a vulnerable player. A suspended player owning his dangerous hit makes for a pleasant change of pace.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (111)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)