May 31, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
It’s locker clean out day in Montreal and with it comes talk from injured Canadiens goalie Carey Price.
Price was knocked out of the Eastern Conference Final in Game 1 after a collision with New York Rangers forward Chris Kreider. The lower-body injury he suffered kept him out of the remainder of the series and forced Dustin Tokarski into the limelight.
As for the injury itself, he didn’t do anything to clear up what exactly it was saying again it was a lower-body injury and he won’t need surgery to repair it. As to the severity, he said a return in the Stanley Cup Final could’ve happened.
As for the collision with Kreider, you knew he’d be asked about that once more before heading out for the summer. Price said he didn’t believe Kreider fell on him on purpose, but also believes he didn’t do much to avoid him.
“I don’t think he did it intentionally, but he didn’t try to miss me either,” Price said.
That grudge might stick around for a while even though the Habs loss in the series was more on their inability to beat Henrik Lundqvist than it was on Tokarski (or Price) stopping the Rangers.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)