May 31, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
It’s locker clean out day in Montreal and with it comes talk from injured Canadiens goalie Carey Price.
Price was knocked out of the Eastern Conference Final in Game 1 after a collision with New York Rangers forward Chris Kreider. The lower-body injury he suffered kept him out of the remainder of the series and forced Dustin Tokarski into the limelight.
As for the injury itself, he didn’t do anything to clear up what exactly it was saying again it was a lower-body injury and he won’t need surgery to repair it. As to the severity, he said a return in the Stanley Cup Final could’ve happened.
Carey Price said his injury was not as bad as it could have been and that he got lucky. No surgery required, unrelated to injury at Olympics—
Аrpon Basu (@ArponBasu) May 31, 2014
As for the collision with Kreider, you knew he’d be asked about that once more before heading out for the summer. Price said he didn’t believe Kreider fell on him on purpose, but also believes he didn’t do much to avoid him.
“I don’t think he did it intentionally, but he didn’t try to miss me either,” Price said.
That grudge might stick around for a while even though the Habs loss in the series was more on their inability to beat Henrik Lundqvist than it was on Tokarski (or Price) stopping the Rangers.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)