May 31, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
It’s locker clean out day in Montreal and with it comes talk from injured Canadiens goalie Carey Price.
Price was knocked out of the Eastern Conference Final in Game 1 after a collision with New York Rangers forward Chris Kreider. The lower-body injury he suffered kept him out of the remainder of the series and forced Dustin Tokarski into the limelight.
As for the injury itself, he didn’t do anything to clear up what exactly it was saying again it was a lower-body injury and he won’t need surgery to repair it. As to the severity, he said a return in the Stanley Cup Final could’ve happened.
As for the collision with Kreider, you knew he’d be asked about that once more before heading out for the summer. Price said he didn’t believe Kreider fell on him on purpose, but also believes he didn’t do much to avoid him.
“I don’t think he did it intentionally, but he didn’t try to miss me either,” Price said.
That grudge might stick around for a while even though the Habs loss in the series was more on their inability to beat Henrik Lundqvist than it was on Tokarski (or Price) stopping the Rangers.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 30
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)