May 31, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
It’s locker clean out day in Montreal and with it comes talk from injured Canadiens goalie Carey Price.
Price was knocked out of the Eastern Conference Final in Game 1 after a collision with New York Rangers forward Chris Kreider. The lower-body injury he suffered kept him out of the remainder of the series and forced Dustin Tokarski into the limelight.
As for the injury itself, he didn’t do anything to clear up what exactly it was saying again it was a lower-body injury and he won’t need surgery to repair it. As to the severity, he said a return in the Stanley Cup Final could’ve happened.
As for the collision with Kreider, you knew he’d be asked about that once more before heading out for the summer. Price said he didn’t believe Kreider fell on him on purpose, but also believes he didn’t do much to avoid him.
“I don’t think he did it intentionally, but he didn’t try to miss me either,” Price said.
That grudge might stick around for a while even though the Habs loss in the series was more on their inability to beat Henrik Lundqvist than it was on Tokarski (or Price) stopping the Rangers.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)