May 19, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
The Montreal Canadiens’ hopes of making it to their first Stanley Cup Final since 1993 have taken a huge blow. Goalie Carey Price will miss the rest of the Eastern Conference Final versus the New York Rangers, who already lead the series 1-0.
Therrien would not say who would start in goal tonight in Game 2 at the Bell Centre. His options are Peter Budaj and Dustin Tokarski, neither of whom are as effective as Price, nor have the big-game experience.
Here’s the play on which Price was injured:
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 14
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33