May 19, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens’ hopes of making it to their first Stanley Cup Final since 1993 have taken a huge blow. Goalie Carey Price will miss the rest of the Eastern Conference Final versus the New York Rangers, who already lead the series 1-0.
Therrien would not say who would start in goal tonight in Game 2 at the Bell Centre. His options are Peter Budaj and Dustin Tokarski, neither of whom are as effective as Price, nor have the big-game experience.
Here’s the play on which Price was injured:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5