May 15, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
When the Chicago Blackhawks face either the Los Angeles Kings or Anaheim Ducks in the Western Conference Final, they’ll do it with Andrew Shaw likely back in the lineup.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville gave the update on Shaw on Thursday as Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com shares. The scrappy forward has been out with a right leg injury since getting hurt during Game 1 against the Minnesota Wild.
“We expect to have him back on the ice this weekend and we’ll get a better determination of when he’ll play,” said Quenneville. “He certainly adds an ingredient you appreciate as a coach and a teammate. He has that relentless competitiveness, some skill offensive and he’s hard to play against. He has a nice set of hands, can take face-offs, can play center and wing. You look forward to getting him back.“
While a Game 1 return doesn’t appear likely with Game 1 of the Western Final coming on Sunday in either Anaheim or Chicago, getting him back at all provides a lift.
Joakim Nordstrom took Shaw’s spot in the lineup in the meantime, but with Shaw’s ability to annoy opponents and produce offensively, they’ll get a big lift to have him back against the Ducks or Kings.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)