May 2, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will be without Andrew Shaw for the remainder of this game, the club announced a short time ago.
The 22-year-old center was injured in the first period, his last shift coming with 9:05 remaining in the opening frame, according to the NHL’s Time on Ice Report. The injury occurred on a body check along the boards from Wild defenseman Clayton Stoner.
Injuries are always a concern, particularly at this time of the season. Shaw, reliable with the Blackhawks in their run to a Stanley Cup championship last June, had four points in his last three playoff games, dating back to Chicago’s first-round series win over the St. Louis Blues to begin these playoffs.
Updated: Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said Shaw is day-to-day with a lower-body injury, as per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)