May 2, 2014, 10:59 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will be without Andrew Shaw for the remainder of this game, the club announced a short time ago.
The 22-year-old center was injured in the first period, his last shift coming with 9:05 remaining in the opening frame, according to the NHL’s Time on Ice Report. The injury occurred on a body check along the boards from Wild defenseman Clayton Stoner.
Injuries are always a concern, particularly at this time of the season. Shaw, reliable with the Blackhawks in their run to a Stanley Cup championship last June, had four points in his last three playoff games, dating back to Chicago’s first-round series win over the St. Louis Blues to begin these playoffs.
Updated: Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said Shaw is day-to-day with a lower-body injury, as per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)