May 2, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks will be without Andrew Shaw for the remainder of this game, the club announced a short time ago.
The 22-year-old center was injured in the first period, his last shift coming with 9:05 remaining in the opening frame, according to the NHL’s Time on Ice Report. The injury occurred on a body check along the boards from Wild defenseman Clayton Stoner.
Injuries are always a concern, particularly at this time of the season. Shaw, reliable with the Blackhawks in their run to a Stanley Cup championship last June, had four points in his last three playoff games, dating back to Chicago’s first-round series win over the St. Louis Blues to begin these playoffs.
Updated: Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said Shaw is day-to-day with a lower-body injury, as per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)