May 2, 2014, 10:59 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks will be without Andrew Shaw for the remainder of this game, the club announced a short time ago.
The 22-year-old center was injured in the first period, his last shift coming with 9:05 remaining in the opening frame, according to the NHL’s Time on Ice Report. The injury occurred on a body check along the boards from Wild defenseman Clayton Stoner.
Injuries are always a concern, particularly at this time of the season. Shaw, reliable with the Blackhawks in their run to a Stanley Cup championship last June, had four points in his last three playoff games, dating back to Chicago’s first-round series win over the St. Louis Blues to begin these playoffs.
Updated: Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said Shaw is day-to-day with a lower-body injury, as per Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)