May 11, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Now that the Rangers are on the brink of elimination and playing in their 13th playoff game tonight, Nash is still without a goal in the postseason. As Dan Rosen of NHL.com shares, Nash is just trying to fight through it.
“The chances are there,” Nash said. “It seems like each night I get two ‘A’ chances and a couple of shots from the outside, but it’s frustrating. It’s not one of those things where you sit back and say, ‘It’ll come.’ It’s frustrating. We need goals now and it hasn’t been easy.”
The Rangers got goals in bunches during Game 5 in Pittsburgh as they earned a 5-1 victory to stay alive. The chances are definitely there for Nash as he’s tops in the postseason in shots on goal with 49.
All it takes is one more loss to send the Rangers home for the summer, however, and scoring goals consistently has been an issue in the postseason in general. After the Rangers broke their power play drought in Game 5, perhaps Nash can do the same to spur the team in Game 6.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 6
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 32
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)