May 11, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Now that the Rangers are on the brink of elimination and playing in their 13th playoff game tonight, Nash is still without a goal in the postseason. As Dan Rosen of NHL.com shares, Nash is just trying to fight through it.
“The chances are there,” Nash said. “It seems like each night I get two ‘A’ chances and a couple of shots from the outside, but it’s frustrating. It’s not one of those things where you sit back and say, ‘It’ll come.’ It’s frustrating. We need goals now and it hasn’t been easy.”
The Rangers got goals in bunches during Game 5 in Pittsburgh as they earned a 5-1 victory to stay alive. The chances are definitely there for Nash as he’s tops in the postseason in shots on goal with 49.
All it takes is one more loss to send the Rangers home for the summer, however, and scoring goals consistently has been an issue in the postseason in general. After the Rangers broke their power play drought in Game 5, perhaps Nash can do the same to spur the team in Game 6.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 7
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)