May 11, 2014, 4:07 PM EST
Now that the Rangers are on the brink of elimination and playing in their 13th playoff game tonight, Nash is still without a goal in the postseason. As Dan Rosen of NHL.com shares, Nash is just trying to fight through it.
“The chances are there,” Nash said. “It seems like each night I get two ‘A’ chances and a couple of shots from the outside, but it’s frustrating. It’s not one of those things where you sit back and say, ‘It’ll come.’ It’s frustrating. We need goals now and it hasn’t been easy.”
The Rangers got goals in bunches during Game 5 in Pittsburgh as they earned a 5-1 victory to stay alive. The chances are definitely there for Nash as he’s tops in the postseason in shots on goal with 49.
All it takes is one more loss to send the Rangers home for the summer, however, and scoring goals consistently has been an issue in the postseason in general. After the Rangers broke their power play drought in Game 5, perhaps Nash can do the same to spur the team in Game 6.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)