May 11, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Now that the Rangers are on the brink of elimination and playing in their 13th playoff game tonight, Nash is still without a goal in the postseason. As Dan Rosen of NHL.com shares, Nash is just trying to fight through it.
“The chances are there,” Nash said. “It seems like each night I get two ‘A’ chances and a couple of shots from the outside, but it’s frustrating. It’s not one of those things where you sit back and say, ‘It’ll come.’ It’s frustrating. We need goals now and it hasn’t been easy.”
The Rangers got goals in bunches during Game 5 in Pittsburgh as they earned a 5-1 victory to stay alive. The chances are definitely there for Nash as he’s tops in the postseason in shots on goal with 49.
All it takes is one more loss to send the Rangers home for the summer, however, and scoring goals consistently has been an issue in the postseason in general. After the Rangers broke their power play drought in Game 5, perhaps Nash can do the same to spur the team in Game 6.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)