May 11, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Now that the Rangers are on the brink of elimination and playing in their 13th playoff game tonight, Nash is still without a goal in the postseason. As Dan Rosen of NHL.com shares, Nash is just trying to fight through it.
“The chances are there,” Nash said. “It seems like each night I get two ‘A’ chances and a couple of shots from the outside, but it’s frustrating. It’s not one of those things where you sit back and say, ‘It’ll come.’ It’s frustrating. We need goals now and it hasn’t been easy.”
The Rangers got goals in bunches during Game 5 in Pittsburgh as they earned a 5-1 victory to stay alive. The chances are definitely there for Nash as he’s tops in the postseason in shots on goal with 49.
All it takes is one more loss to send the Rangers home for the summer, however, and scoring goals consistently has been an issue in the postseason in general. After the Rangers broke their power play drought in Game 5, perhaps Nash can do the same to spur the team in Game 6.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5