May 5, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
It took long enough, but Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby scored his first goal of the 2014 Stanley Cup playoffs in Game 3 against the New York Rangers on Monday:
With that, Crosby can knock the most irritating question off the long list of annoying potential questions he’ll face from the press, particularly after losses. Don’t worry, though; there will always be a new eye-roller (whether it’s for Crosby or someone else).
This came on Crosby’s 29th shot on goal of this postseason. It’s his first goal in his last 10 games at Madison Square Garden and second in his last 17 contests against the Rangers (according to a handy graphic from NBCSN).
For those who need help cooking up the next groan-worthy narrative, here are a few pointers:
- The Rangers power play remains horrific; they’ve gone 0-for-32. Their offense is ice cold overall as they haven’t scored since OT of Game 1.
- Hey, there’s always Rick Nash to pick on.
- Uh … uh … Crosby hasn’t scored a power-play goal on the road in a while (saves that for Game 5).
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 10
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 20
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)