May 5, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
It took long enough, but Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby scored his first goal of the 2014 Stanley Cup playoffs in Game 3 against the New York Rangers on Monday:
With that, Crosby can knock the most irritating question off the long list of annoying potential questions he’ll face from the press, particularly after losses. Don’t worry, though; there will always be a new eye-roller (whether it’s for Crosby or someone else).
This came on Crosby’s 29th shot on goal of this postseason. It’s his first goal in his last 10 games at Madison Square Garden and second in his last 17 contests against the Rangers (according to a handy graphic from NBCSN).
For those who need help cooking up the next groan-worthy narrative, here are a few pointers:
- The Rangers power play remains horrific; they’ve gone 0-for-32. Their offense is ice cold overall as they haven’t scored since OT of Game 1.
- Hey, there’s always Rick Nash to pick on.
- Uh … uh … Crosby hasn’t scored a power-play goal on the road in a while (saves that for Game 5).
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)