May 5, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
It took long enough, but Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby scored his first goal of the 2014 Stanley Cup playoffs in Game 3 against the New York Rangers on Monday:
With that, Crosby can knock the most irritating question off the long list of annoying potential questions he’ll face from the press, particularly after losses. Don’t worry, though; there will always be a new eye-roller (whether it’s for Crosby or someone else).
This came on Crosby’s 29th shot on goal of this postseason. It’s his first goal in his last 10 games at Madison Square Garden and second in his last 17 contests against the Rangers (according to a handy graphic from NBCSN).
For those who need help cooking up the next groan-worthy narrative, here are a few pointers:
- The Rangers power play remains horrific; they’ve gone 0-for-32. Their offense is ice cold overall as they haven’t scored since OT of Game 1.
- Hey, there’s always Rick Nash to pick on.
- Uh … uh … Crosby hasn’t scored a power-play goal on the road in a while (saves that for Game 5).
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 0
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 23
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)