May 9, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild appeared in good shape late in the first period, up by a goal on the Chicago Blackhawks.
That was until Patrick Sharp beat Ilya Bryzgalov through the legs with a wrist shot from near the bottom of the faceoff circle, tying Game 4 at a goal apiece with only 39 seconds remaining in the first period. It was only one of four Chicago shots on goal in the opening 20 minutes.
The Wild trail 2-1 in the series. Bryzgalov earned the shutout in Game 3. It was his first since 2006.
Now, in the interest of fairness, here is a video of the Wild’s second goal, courtesy of Jason Pominville, who, from behind the net, fired the puck off the skates of Corey Crawford and in. Minnesota took a 2-1 lead as a result.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)