May 3, 2014, 1:31 AM EDT
It was an important goal. It was a beautiful goal.
Patrick Kane gave the Chicago Blackhawks a 3-2 lead in the third period with a backhand goal top-shelf on Ilya Bryzgalov. It stood as the winning goal, as the Blackhawks defeated the Minnesota Wild to take Game 1 on Friday. It halted any momentum Minnesota might’ve gained from two quick goals to tie the game early in the third period.
And the goal also ignited Twitter, as rapid reaction poured in via social media. Yes, it was spectacular. As Kane celebrated emphatically, you could him yell out, “Showtime!”
“Sometimes I don’t even know what I’m saying. I was pretty pumped up after that one,” Kane said afterward, as per Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune.
“Kaner scored one of those goals that not many guys in the league could try or get done,” added head coach Joel Quenneville, as per Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago.
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)