May 3, 2014, 1:31 AM EDT
It was an important goal. It was a beautiful goal.
Patrick Kane gave the Chicago Blackhawks a 3-2 lead in the third period with a backhand goal top-shelf on Ilya Bryzgalov. It stood as the winning goal, as the Blackhawks defeated the Minnesota Wild to take Game 1 on Friday. It halted any momentum Minnesota might’ve gained from two quick goals to tie the game early in the third period.
And the goal also ignited Twitter, as rapid reaction poured in via social media. Yes, it was spectacular. As Kane celebrated emphatically, you could him yell out, “Showtime!”
“Sometimes I don’t even know what I’m saying. I was pretty pumped up after that one,” Kane said afterward, as per Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune.
“Kaner scored one of those goals that not many guys in the league could try or get done,” added head coach Joel Quenneville, as per Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5