May 3, 2014, 1:31 AM EST
It was an important goal. It was a beautiful goal.
Patrick Kane gave the Chicago Blackhawks a 3-2 lead in the third period with a backhand goal top-shelf on Ilya Bryzgalov. It stood as the winning goal, as the Blackhawks defeated the Minnesota Wild to take Game 1 on Friday. It halted any momentum Minnesota might’ve gained from two quick goals to tie the game early in the third period.
And the goal also ignited Twitter, as rapid reaction poured in via social media. Yes, it was spectacular. As Kane celebrated emphatically, you could him yell out, “Showtime!”
“Sometimes I don’t even know what I’m saying. I was pretty pumped up after that one,” Kane said afterward, as per Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune.
“Kaner scored one of those goals that not many guys in the league could try or get done,” added head coach Joel Quenneville, as per Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 61
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)