Apr 27, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues must deal with their second consecutive first-round exit on Sunday, but as painful as that might be, it seems like a good chunk of the team seems to see some light at the end of the tunnel.
The general feeling seems to be that the Blues are this close to breaking through, at least depending upon who’s talking.
While Oshie seems to lament the missed opportunity, Steve Ott seems to back up the “tweak instead of blow things up” notion.
Don’t make any mistake about it, though: there are plenty of Blues who are fed up with following up strong regular seasons with quick playoff exits.
Ott might say that they’re only a step or two away from being on the other side of the handshake lines.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8