Apr 27, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues must deal with their second consecutive first-round exit on Sunday, but as painful as that might be, it seems like a good chunk of the team seems to see some light at the end of the tunnel.
The general feeling seems to be that the Blues are this close to breaking through, at least depending upon who’s talking.
While Oshie seems to lament the missed opportunity, Steve Ott seems to back up the “tweak instead of blow things up” notion.
Don’t make any mistake about it, though: there are plenty of Blues who are fed up with following up strong regular seasons with quick playoff exits.
Ott might say that they’re only a step or two away from being on the other side of the handshake lines.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)