Apr 27, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
For the most part, the St. Louis Blues put on brave – if disappointed – faces after another dispiriting first-round exit, this time against the Chicago Blackhawks. It’s hard to know what, exactly, one can make of Ryan Miller‘s reaction.
Without detecting the tone (educated guess: deflated?), this comment just seems puzzling:
Again, it’s worth noting that he was very likely being self-deprecating more than anything else, even if Blues fans aren’t likely to be very happy about his statement.
It would be understandable if Miller is just overwhelmed and disappointed. Between the playoffs and his brief regular season time with St. Louis, he went 12-12-1 and put up mediocre individual numbers (.897 save percentage in the playoffs, only slightly worse than his .903 mark in 19 regular season games with St. Louis).
At least one Blues player had Miller’s back:
Either way, as an unrestricted free agent coming off a disappointing performance, this loss hurts on both a financial and emotional level for the 33-year-old goalie. It’s difficult to imagine Miller signing a deal with the Blues, which sits just fine with what’s likely to be a good portion of St. Louis fans.
(Raise your hand if you hope he lands with a Central Division team so he sees a lot of the Blues next season and beyond …)
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)