Apr 27, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
For the most part, the St. Louis Blues put on brave – if disappointed – faces after another dispiriting first-round exit, this time against the Chicago Blackhawks. It’s hard to know what, exactly, one can make of Ryan Miller‘s reaction.
Without detecting the tone (educated guess: deflated?), this comment just seems puzzling:
Again, it’s worth noting that he was very likely being self-deprecating more than anything else, even if Blues fans aren’t likely to be very happy about his statement.
It would be understandable if Miller is just overwhelmed and disappointed. Between the playoffs and his brief regular season time with St. Louis, he went 12-12-1 and put up mediocre individual numbers (.897 save percentage in the playoffs, only slightly worse than his .903 mark in 19 regular season games with St. Louis).
At least one Blues player had Miller’s back:
Either way, as an unrestricted free agent coming off a disappointing performance, this loss hurts on both a financial and emotional level for the 33-year-old goalie. It’s difficult to imagine Miller signing a deal with the Blues, which sits just fine with what’s likely to be a good portion of St. Louis fans.
(Raise your hand if you hope he lands with a Central Division team so he sees a lot of the Blues next season and beyond …)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)