Apr 27, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
For the most part, the St. Louis Blues put on brave – if disappointed – faces after another dispiriting first-round exit, this time against the Chicago Blackhawks. It’s hard to know what, exactly, one can make of Ryan Miller‘s reaction.
Without detecting the tone (educated guess: deflated?), this comment just seems puzzling:
Again, it’s worth noting that he was very likely being self-deprecating more than anything else, even if Blues fans aren’t likely to be very happy about his statement.
It would be understandable if Miller is just overwhelmed and disappointed. Between the playoffs and his brief regular season time with St. Louis, he went 12-12-1 and put up mediocre individual numbers (.897 save percentage in the playoffs, only slightly worse than his .903 mark in 19 regular season games with St. Louis).
At least one Blues player had Miller’s back:
Either way, as an unrestricted free agent coming off a disappointing performance, this loss hurts on both a financial and emotional level for the 33-year-old goalie. It’s difficult to imagine Miller signing a deal with the Blues, which sits just fine with what’s likely to be a good portion of St. Louis fans.
(Raise your hand if you hope he lands with a Central Division team so he sees a lot of the Blues next season and beyond …)
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 5
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 10
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 80
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (80)