Apr 27, 2014, 7:23 PM EST
For the most part, the St. Louis Blues put on brave – if disappointed – faces after another dispiriting first-round exit, this time against the Chicago Blackhawks. It’s hard to know what, exactly, one can make of Ryan Miller‘s reaction.
Without detecting the tone (educated guess: deflated?), this comment just seems puzzling:
Again, it’s worth noting that he was very likely being self-deprecating more than anything else, even if Blues fans aren’t likely to be very happy about his statement.
It would be understandable if Miller is just overwhelmed and disappointed. Between the playoffs and his brief regular season time with St. Louis, he went 12-12-1 and put up mediocre individual numbers (.897 save percentage in the playoffs, only slightly worse than his .903 mark in 19 regular season games with St. Louis).
At least one Blues player had Miller’s back:
Either way, as an unrestricted free agent coming off a disappointing performance, this loss hurts on both a financial and emotional level for the 33-year-old goalie. It’s difficult to imagine Miller signing a deal with the Blues, which sits just fine with what’s likely to be a good portion of St. Louis fans.
(Raise your hand if you hope he lands with a Central Division team so he sees a lot of the Blues next season and beyond …)
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 35
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)