Apr 23, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Anaheim has a 2-1 series lead over the Stars, but all is not right with the Ducks. Defenseman Stephane Robidas is out with a fractured right leg and the decision was made to list future Hall of Famer Teemu Selanne as a healthy scratch.
In Selanne’s place, the Ducks will use 21-year-old Emerson Etem in the hopes that he can provide Anaheim with a spark after Dallas won 3-0 on Monday.
The Ducks won their division for the second straight season, but in 2013 they still lost in the first round in seven games. A win tonight would go a long way towards the Ducks ensuring that history doesn’t repeat itself.
The contest will start at 8:00 p.m. ET and will be on CNBC. You can also stream it live:
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22