Apr 23, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Anaheim has a 2-1 series lead over the Stars, but all is not right with the Ducks. Defenseman Stephane Robidas is out with a fractured right leg and the decision was made to list future Hall of Famer Teemu Selanne as a healthy scratch.
In Selanne’s place, the Ducks will use 21-year-old Emerson Etem in the hopes that he can provide Anaheim with a spark after Dallas won 3-0 on Monday.
The Ducks won their division for the second straight season, but in 2013 they still lost in the first round in seven games. A win tonight would go a long way towards the Ducks ensuring that history doesn’t repeat itself.
The contest will start at 8:00 p.m. ET and will be on CNBC. You can also stream it live:
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8