Apr 23, 2014, 1:26 PM EST
After going pointless in back-to-back games and receiving his lowest ice time of the series on Monday, Anaheim forward Teemu Selanne will be parked as a healthy scratch for tonight’s Game 4 in Dallas.
Selanne confirmed the news Wednesday morning and, according to the O.C. Register, recently recalled speedster Emerson Etem will draw into the lineup in Selanne’s place.
“I’m disappointed,” Selanne said, per the Calgary Sun. “I want to play, but I can’t really control it right now.”
Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau hinted after Game 3 — a 3-0 loss in which the Ducks failed to beat Kari Lehtonen on 37 shots — that he was considering a lineup change and, based on history and numbers, it’s not totally surprising that Selanne’s the guy. Anaheim has rested the 43-year-old on a number of occasions this year and his ice time was almost non-existent in the third period on Monday, as he received just two shifts.
Selanne also hasn’t registered a point since assisting on Matt Beleskey‘s game-winning tally in Game 1. Per the Register, tonight will mark the first time the Finnish Flash has sat as a postseason healthy scratch since it happened with Colorado in 2004.
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 0
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 1
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 46
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (46)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)