Apr 23, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
After going pointless in back-to-back games and receiving his lowest ice time of the series on Monday, Anaheim forward Teemu Selanne will be parked as a healthy scratch for tonight’s Game 4 in Dallas.
Selanne confirmed the news Wednesday morning and, according to the O.C. Register, recently recalled speedster Emerson Etem will draw into the lineup in Selanne’s place.
“I’m disappointed,” Selanne said, per the Calgary Sun. “I want to play, but I can’t really control it right now.”
Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau hinted after Game 3 — a 3-0 loss in which the Ducks failed to beat Kari Lehtonen on 37 shots — that he was considering a lineup change and, based on history and numbers, it’s not totally surprising that Selanne’s the guy. Anaheim has rested the 43-year-old on a number of occasions this year and his ice time was almost non-existent in the third period on Monday, as he received just two shifts.
Selanne also hasn’t registered a point since assisting on Matt Beleskey‘s game-winning tally in Game 1. Per the Register, tonight will mark the first time the Finnish Flash has sat as a postseason healthy scratch since it happened with Colorado in 2004.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)