Apr 23, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
After going pointless in back-to-back games and receiving his lowest ice time of the series on Monday, Anaheim forward Teemu Selanne will be parked as a healthy scratch for tonight’s Game 4 in Dallas.
Selanne confirmed the news Wednesday morning and, according to the O.C. Register, recently recalled speedster Emerson Etem will draw into the lineup in Selanne’s place.
“I’m disappointed,” Selanne said, per the Calgary Sun. “I want to play, but I can’t really control it right now.”
Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau hinted after Game 3 — a 3-0 loss in which the Ducks failed to beat Kari Lehtonen on 37 shots — that he was considering a lineup change and, based on history and numbers, it’s not totally surprising that Selanne’s the guy. Anaheim has rested the 43-year-old on a number of occasions this year and his ice time was almost non-existent in the third period on Monday, as he received just two shifts.
Selanne also hasn’t registered a point since assisting on Matt Beleskey‘s game-winning tally in Game 1. Per the Register, tonight will mark the first time the Finnish Flash has sat as a postseason healthy scratch since it happened with Colorado in 2004.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)