Apr 19, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche may be up 1-0 against the Minnesota Wild, but they’ll be without Matt Duchene for the remainder of the series.
Avalanche coach Patrick Roy announced today that Duchene will likely miss the remainder of the first round series against the Wild as Mike Chambers of The Denver Post shares.
Duchene has been out of action since March 29 with a knee injury and the original hope was that he’d be ready to play after missing the first two games. Now they’ll have to make it out of the first round without him if they want to see him play again this season.
With Duchene out of action, rookie Nathan MacKinnon has assumed his spot on the team’s top line. The Avalanche are without two centers in this series as John Mitchell (concussion) will also miss the rest of the first round and may be out much longer than Duchene.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)