Apr 6, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres were looking like their season was going to end even harder than it already was with injuries recently to Drew Stafford and Marcus Foligno. Now it appears they along with Chris Stewart may be back this week.
Mike Harrington of The Buffalo News reports all three players may be good to go against the Detroit Red Wings in Buffalo on Tuesday. Foligno was injured Thursday night against the St. Louis Blues in what appeared to be a gruesome injury.
“It was pretty gross,” Foligno said of the replay of him going to the ice. “If you had told me I was gonna be skating while I was falling, I would have told you I had no chance. It’s felt pretty good. After coming off it was more of a stinger and bone bruise. No ACL, MCL, meniscus. I was able to keep icing it, days off and today back on the ice.”
Stewart has been out since March 6 with an ankle injury. He was hurt in his debut game with the Sabres against the Tampa Bay Lightning after being traded by the Blues. It was originally believed he would be out for the season but has made enough progress to potentially play.
If all three players get in on Tuesday against Detroit, it will help make that game a bit trickier for the Red Wings who are looking to lock down a wild card spot in the Eastern Conference. The Wings beat the Sabres on Friday night in Detroit.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 6
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 23
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42