Mar 28, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have recalled defenceman Frank Corrado from AHL Utica — a move that suggests veteran defender Kevin Bieksa is questionable for Saturday’s game versus Anaheim after suffering an apparent lower-body injury last night versus Colorado.
From The Province newspaper:
Kevin Bieksa went down in the second period. He tried a shift in the third but didn’t return. Naturally, he’d been playing his best hockey of the season when he went down.
“I’m not sure,” Tortorella said of Bieksa’s status. “He was just too sore. We’ll have a better idea (on Friday).”
Vancouver is clinging to its playoff life, five points out a wild-card spot in the West. Even a perfect record in their remaining seven games may not be enough to get the Canucks a spot in the postseason.
Corrado, 21, is the club’s top prospect among defensemen.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 6
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22