Mar 28, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have recalled defenceman Frank Corrado from AHL Utica — a move that suggests veteran defender Kevin Bieksa is questionable for Saturday’s game versus Anaheim after suffering an apparent lower-body injury last night versus Colorado.
From The Province newspaper:
Kevin Bieksa went down in the second period. He tried a shift in the third but didn’t return. Naturally, he’d been playing his best hockey of the season when he went down.
“I’m not sure,” Tortorella said of Bieksa’s status. “He was just too sore. We’ll have a better idea (on Friday).”
Vancouver is clinging to its playoff life, five points out a wild-card spot in the West. Even a perfect record in their remaining seven games may not be enough to get the Canucks a spot in the postseason.
Corrado, 21, is the club’s top prospect among defensemen.
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 7
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 2
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 19
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 9
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 60
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (60)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)