Mar 28, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have recalled defenceman Frank Corrado from AHL Utica — a move that suggests veteran defender Kevin Bieksa is questionable for Saturday’s game versus Anaheim after suffering an apparent lower-body injury last night versus Colorado.
From The Province newspaper:
Kevin Bieksa went down in the second period. He tried a shift in the third but didn’t return. Naturally, he’d been playing his best hockey of the season when he went down.
“I’m not sure,” Tortorella said of Bieksa’s status. “He was just too sore. We’ll have a better idea (on Friday).”
Vancouver is clinging to its playoff life, five points out a wild-card spot in the West. Even a perfect record in their remaining seven games may not be enough to get the Canucks a spot in the postseason.
Corrado, 21, is the club’s top prospect among defensemen.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)