Mar 20, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Etem (29th overall, 2010) and Rakell (30th overall, 2011) will have a shot to draw into the lineup tonight San Jose as the slumping Ducks have some health issues.
Defenseman Cam Fowler will miss the next 3-5 weeks with a sprained MCL, while forward Nick Bonino is sidelined with a foot injury after taking a puck to the skate. Another Ducks forward, Matt Beleskey, won’t face the Sharks because he’s fallen ill.
Etem, one of the fastest skaters in the Ducks organization, has seven goals and 11 points in 28 games this year but hasn’t played since Feb. 8. Rakell’s only made nine appearances for Anaheim this season but does have the more recent one, having last suited up in a 3-1 loss to Toronto on Mar. 10.
The Ducks are struggling lately, having won just six times in their last 15 games. A big reason for those struggles is the club’s anemic power play, which has scored twice in its last 48 opportunities.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)