Mar 20, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Etem (29th overall, 2010) and Rakell (30th overall, 2011) will have a shot to draw into the lineup tonight San Jose as the slumping Ducks have some health issues.
Defenseman Cam Fowler will miss the next 3-5 weeks with a sprained MCL, while forward Nick Bonino is sidelined with a foot injury after taking a puck to the skate. Another Ducks forward, Matt Beleskey, won’t face the Sharks because he’s fallen ill.
Etem, one of the fastest skaters in the Ducks organization, has seven goals and 11 points in 28 games this year but hasn’t played since Feb. 8. Rakell’s only made nine appearances for Anaheim this season but does have the more recent one, having last suited up in a 3-1 loss to Toronto on Mar. 10.
The Ducks are struggling lately, having won just six times in their last 15 games. A big reason for those struggles is the club’s anemic power play, which has scored twice in its last 48 opportunities.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)