Mar 20, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Etem (29th overall, 2010) and Rakell (30th overall, 2011) will have a shot to draw into the lineup tonight San Jose as the slumping Ducks have some health issues.
Defenseman Cam Fowler will miss the next 3-5 weeks with a sprained MCL, while forward Nick Bonino is sidelined with a foot injury after taking a puck to the skate. Another Ducks forward, Matt Beleskey, won’t face the Sharks because he’s fallen ill.
Etem, one of the fastest skaters in the Ducks organization, has seven goals and 11 points in 28 games this year but hasn’t played since Feb. 8. Rakell’s only made nine appearances for Anaheim this season but does have the more recent one, having last suited up in a 3-1 loss to Toronto on Mar. 10.
The Ducks are struggling lately, having won just six times in their last 15 games. A big reason for those struggles is the club’s anemic power play, which has scored twice in its last 48 opportunities.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 10
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)