Mar 20, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Etem (29th overall, 2010) and Rakell (30th overall, 2011) will have a shot to draw into the lineup tonight San Jose as the slumping Ducks have some health issues.
Defenseman Cam Fowler will miss the next 3-5 weeks with a sprained MCL, while forward Nick Bonino is sidelined with a foot injury after taking a puck to the skate. Another Ducks forward, Matt Beleskey, won’t face the Sharks because he’s fallen ill.
Etem, one of the fastest skaters in the Ducks organization, has seven goals and 11 points in 28 games this year but hasn’t played since Feb. 8. Rakell’s only made nine appearances for Anaheim this season but does have the more recent one, having last suited up in a 3-1 loss to Toronto on Mar. 10.
The Ducks are struggling lately, having won just six times in their last 15 games. A big reason for those struggles is the club’s anemic power play, which has scored twice in its last 48 opportunities.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 42
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)