Mar 20, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Etem (29th overall, 2010) and Rakell (30th overall, 2011) will have a shot to draw into the lineup tonight San Jose as the slumping Ducks have some health issues.
Defenseman Cam Fowler will miss the next 3-5 weeks with a sprained MCL, while forward Nick Bonino is sidelined with a foot injury after taking a puck to the skate. Another Ducks forward, Matt Beleskey, won’t face the Sharks because he’s fallen ill.
Etem, one of the fastest skaters in the Ducks organization, has seven goals and 11 points in 28 games this year but hasn’t played since Feb. 8. Rakell’s only made nine appearances for Anaheim this season but does have the more recent one, having last suited up in a 3-1 loss to Toronto on Mar. 10.
The Ducks are struggling lately, having won just six times in their last 15 games. A big reason for those struggles is the club’s anemic power play, which has scored twice in its last 48 opportunities.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)