Mar 19, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
From Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register:
“BB” is, of course, Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau. Fowler hasn’t played since Friday, when the talented young defenseman was hurt in a game against Colorado.
Fowler leads all Ducks in ice time, averaging almost 24 minutes a night, and he leads all Anaheim d-men with 36 points in 67 games.
Update: Sounds like the injury is more severe than first reported. Stephens relays word from the Ducks that Fowler will miss the next 3-5 weeks with a sprained MCL. It’ll likely sideline him for the remainder of the regular season.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 0
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (56)