Mar 19, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
From Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register:
“BB” is, of course, Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau. Fowler hasn’t played since Friday, when the talented young defenseman was hurt in a game against Colorado.
Fowler leads all Ducks in ice time, averaging almost 24 minutes a night, and he leads all Anaheim d-men with 36 points in 67 games.
Update: Sounds like the injury is more severe than first reported. Stephens relays word from the Ducks that Fowler will miss the next 3-5 weeks with a sprained MCL. It’ll likely sideline him for the remainder of the regular season.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)