Mar 19, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
From Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register:
“BB” is, of course, Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau. Fowler hasn’t played since Friday, when the talented young defenseman was hurt in a game against Colorado.
Fowler leads all Ducks in ice time, averaging almost 24 minutes a night, and he leads all Anaheim d-men with 36 points in 67 games.
Update: Sounds like the injury is more severe than first reported. Stephens relays word from the Ducks that Fowler will miss the next 3-5 weeks with a sprained MCL. It’ll likely sideline him for the remainder of the regular season.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 5
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 13
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 35
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 17
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)