Mar 19, 2014, 4:09 PM EST
From Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register:
“BB” is, of course, Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau. Fowler hasn’t played since Friday, when the talented young defenseman was hurt in a game against Colorado.
Fowler leads all Ducks in ice time, averaging almost 24 minutes a night, and he leads all Anaheim d-men with 36 points in 67 games.
Update: Sounds like the injury is more severe than first reported. Stephens relays word from the Ducks that Fowler will miss the next 3-5 weeks with a sprained MCL. It’ll likely sideline him for the remainder of the regular season.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 8
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)