Mar 19, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
From Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register:
“BB” is, of course, Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau. Fowler hasn’t played since Friday, when the talented young defenseman was hurt in a game against Colorado.
Fowler leads all Ducks in ice time, averaging almost 24 minutes a night, and he leads all Anaheim d-men with 36 points in 67 games.
Update: Sounds like the injury is more severe than first reported. Stephens relays word from the Ducks that Fowler will miss the next 3-5 weeks with a sprained MCL. It’ll likely sideline him for the remainder of the regular season.
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 2
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 27
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)