Mar 20, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Killorn received a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct for his actions, while Ranger spent considerable time laying prone on the ice before being carted off via stretcher. He left the game and was sent to hospital, where he was reported to be both conscious and in stable condition.
Following the game, Killorn apologized for the hit but said he was unsure what he should’ve done differently.
“I’m going in to hit him, and he makes a quick turn,” Killorn said, per the Tampa Bay Times. “I’m already committed at that point. I’m trying to think of what else I could have done to prevent that.
“It’s just a tough, quick, bang-bang play.”
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)