Mar 20, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Killorn received a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct for his actions, while Ranger spent considerable time laying prone on the ice before being carted off via stretcher. He left the game and was sent to hospital, where he was reported to be both conscious and in stable condition.
Following the game, Killorn apologized for the hit but said he was unsure what he should’ve done differently.
“I’m going in to hit him, and he makes a quick turn,” Killorn said, per the Tampa Bay Times. “I’m already committed at that point. I’m trying to think of what else I could have done to prevent that.
“It’s just a tough, quick, bang-bang play.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)