Mar 20, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Killorn received a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct for his actions, while Ranger spent considerable time laying prone on the ice before being carted off via stretcher. He left the game and was sent to hospital, where he was reported to be both conscious and in stable condition.
Following the game, Killorn apologized for the hit but said he was unsure what he should’ve done differently.
“I’m going in to hit him, and he makes a quick turn,” Killorn said, per the Tampa Bay Times. “I’m already committed at that point. I’m trying to think of what else I could have done to prevent that.
“It’s just a tough, quick, bang-bang play.”
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45