Mar 20, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Killorn received a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct for his actions, while Ranger spent considerable time laying prone on the ice before being carted off via stretcher. He left the game and was sent to hospital, where he was reported to be both conscious and in stable condition.
Following the game, Killorn apologized for the hit but said he was unsure what he should’ve done differently.
“I’m going in to hit him, and he makes a quick turn,” Killorn said, per the Tampa Bay Times. “I’m already committed at that point. I’m trying to think of what else I could have done to prevent that.
“It’s just a tough, quick, bang-bang play.”
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)