Mar 19, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
Ranger was knocked to the ice and had to be taken off in a stretcher. Rather than finish the period, the officials sent both teams to the dressing room early. That time was made up when the team’s returned after the intermission.
Update: The Toronto Maple Leafs have reported that Ranger has been taken to the hospital as a precaution. He is both conscious and in stable condition.
Killorn received a five-minute boarding major and a game misconduct as punishment for his actions. Whether or not he’ll be suspended is another matter. It’s worth noting that Ranger appeared to turn just before Killorn made contact.
You can watch the hit below:
I expect the safety dept will take its time dissecting the Killorn hit on Ranger. Not convinced of further discipline, but process underway.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) March 20, 2014
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)