Mar 19, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
Ranger was knocked to the ice and had to be taken off in a stretcher. Rather than finish the period, the officials sent both teams to the dressing room early. That time was made up when the team’s returned after the intermission.
Update: The Toronto Maple Leafs have reported that Ranger has been taken to the hospital as a precaution. He is both conscious and in stable condition.
Killorn received a five-minute boarding major and a game misconduct as punishment for his actions. Whether or not he’ll be suspended is another matter. It’s worth noting that Ranger appeared to turn just before Killorn made contact.
You can watch the hit below:
I expect the safety dept will take its time dissecting the Killorn hit on Ranger. Not convinced of further discipline, but process underway.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) March 20, 2014
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)