Mar 19, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
Ranger was knocked to the ice and had to be taken off in a stretcher. Rather than finish the period, the officials sent both teams to the dressing room early. That time was made up when the team’s returned after the intermission.
Update: The Toronto Maple Leafs have reported that Ranger has been taken to the hospital as a precaution. He is both conscious and in stable condition.
Killorn received a five-minute boarding major and a game misconduct as punishment for his actions. Whether or not he’ll be suspended is another matter. It’s worth noting that Ranger appeared to turn just before Killorn made contact.
You can watch the hit below:
I expect the safety dept will take its time dissecting the Killorn hit on Ranger. Not convinced of further discipline, but process underway.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) March 20, 2014
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20