Mar 19, 2014, 8:14 PM EST
Ranger was knocked to the ice and had to be taken off in a stretcher. Rather than finish the period, the officials sent both teams to the dressing room early. That time was made up when the team’s returned after the intermission.
Update: The Toronto Maple Leafs have reported that Ranger has been taken to the hospital as a precaution. He is both conscious and in stable condition.
Killorn received a five-minute boarding major and a game misconduct as punishment for his actions. Whether or not he’ll be suspended is another matter. It’s worth noting that Ranger appeared to turn just before Killorn made contact.
You can watch the hit below:
I expect the safety dept will take its time dissecting the Killorn hit on Ranger. Not convinced of further discipline, but process underway.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) March 20, 2014
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 12
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4