Mar 19, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
Ranger was knocked to the ice and had to be taken off in a stretcher. Rather than finish the period, the officials sent both teams to the dressing room early. That time was made up when the team’s returned after the intermission.
Update: The Toronto Maple Leafs have reported that Ranger has been taken to the hospital as a precaution. He is both conscious and in stable condition.
Killorn received a five-minute boarding major and a game misconduct as punishment for his actions. Whether or not he’ll be suspended is another matter. It’s worth noting that Ranger appeared to turn just before Killorn made contact.
You can watch the hit below:
I expect the safety dept will take its time dissecting the Killorn hit on Ranger. Not convinced of further discipline, but process underway.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) March 20, 2014
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 8
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 74
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)